How to cancel downloads and how to install adobe flash for Archos 10i

lektap

Jan 4, 2011
Hi members,
I am a complete newbie to android being a windows, mac and itouch/iphone user to date.
I purchased a Archos 10i recently and am really enjoying working around it.
At the moment I have six (6) download arrows on screen which I would like to cancel or erase.
I have made numerous attempts to install Adobe Flash for Android and the Archos either cannot install or there is something I am not doing correctly.
It is very disappointing as it says on the box that it can operate Flash. This is one of the main reasons why I purchased it over the iPad.
Failing help from some source I fear the Archos 10i will be returning to the store where purchased. Thanks in advance.
Lektap

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
To cancel a download, tap and hold on the download bar until you get the pop-up. That will allow you to cancel it.

As far as flash goes, what operating system version do you have on your Archos.

lektap

Jan 4, 2011
Hi pbrauer,
thanks for your quick reply. I followed your instruction and tapped and held, got the pop up but was'nt quick enough. Will keep trying.
The OS is 2.0.71 (Android 2.2.1).
Thanks, Lektap

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
Forum.ArchosFans.com - View forum - Archos 101 Internet Tablet look here for more info, If you use the hack to install the android market place on your archos
you can then download and install flash 10.1

look here for help installing the market: gAppsInstaller - Froyo - xda-developers you will need to register to see it probably, but its free.

archos are waiting for adoble to certify the gen8 products before they release an optimized flash plugin, but the version on the market will work
however it is not optimized and will be a bit laggy sometimes.