How To Get Internet While Abroad

Felicia23

May 16, 2013
I got the Tab 2 for a trip to Central America and was told internet would not be a problem. While in the States, I did all the appropriate things needed for it to have the functions I would want to use. Tested it here and all worked well. Once I got there, I learned my access to a wireless router would be limited but it was suggested that I could get a usb stick with a sim card in it to make the internet connection.

That came with a couple of problems
1 - there's no usb port
2 - when I went to get the proper cables so the existing ports could be used, I was told I would need to purchase additional hardware in order for the usb with sim to work

I was in an area that isn't known for the highest level of ethical business, so I opted to hold off until I could find out more.

Does anyone know what I would need (or if it would be possible) to use the tab 2 with a sim card for internet access?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Sounds like you're in a real pickle. My suggestion, go to a cell phone store to see if you can rent a WiFi portable hotspot. It uses the cell system to get on the Internet but your tab uses its WiFi to access it. Or get a prepaid phone with a hotspot, (tethering), data plan.