How to get Pandora radio installed in S7

baijingyu

Feb 27, 2011
I tried to install Pandora but was not able to do so and I searched the HUAWEI Forum here but no clue. I was able to get to the install page but I don't have a 3G SIM card but only wi-fi at home. The "SEND To" drop-down option is not available to choose and the "INSTALL" button is greyed out and no action when press it. BTW, I didn't root my S7 yet and not sure if I need to do so to get Pandora installed in S7. Thanks.

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
It's a pretty straightforward method of install using the android market, like any other app, rooted or not. Which way are you installing it?

baijingyu

Feb 27, 2011
I was trying to install this through adriod market not rooted. The problem is that There is no option when comes to installation page for me to choose this phone and continue the installation since "INSTALL" button is not responding at all. Do I have to use 3G connection to download this app? I am not using 3G SIM card too sine I don't have it and mainly use wifi at home.

Last edited:

minus36

Feb 18, 2011
What you're describing almost sounds like a problem connecting to the android market. One of the first things I did with mine is download the Pandora application. You don't have to have your s7 rooted and a wi-fi connection is all you need for this app (I only have wi-fi and mine is not rooted either). Can you install other applications from the market?

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
It sounds more to me like you are trying to install from the web version of the market. Try using the market app on the S7. Have you connected the S7 to your wifi at home? Make sure the S7 is on your home wifi and open the market app, search for pandora, and install.

baijingyu

Feb 27, 2011
You are right and I was using a Web market since i can't find it in S7 using the Adroid market. I am in Canada and the adriod market app recognized me as a non-US address so search for Pandora in S7 return "Not found". I actually edit my google account logged in the market to use a US address and I also used US proxy but those doesn't help at all (EVEN I RESET THE S7) since the market app still know me from Canada cuase it show CA $ not US $ for not free apps. I can hear Pandora from my laptop if I use US proxy IP address. I know someone here are also in Canada but I am not sure if they can install Pandora and hear the music in Canada. is any way i can fool the market app so it can take my US proxy ip and allow me to install Pandora? Can someone send me the file so I can bypass market and install it by myself if I root my S7? Is this possible or other work around exists? Thanks.