How to get Pinch Zoom on rooted nook color

luxor

Dec 26, 2010
Hey I just rooted my nook color. Question now is how to get pinch zoom to work across the device in the browser, images, facebook ?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Which method did you use to root? Multitouch is supposed to be enabled for the autonooter method. In case you're interested in doing it manually, you can try:

NookColor Enable MultiTouch - nookDevs

I also notice pinch-zoom doesn't work in all apps. I get it in most places, though: stock Gallery, Maps, Dolphin HD. Even Angry Birds. ;)

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
The only place pinch zoom doesn't work is in the stick browser app. It works well in facebook and thr stock gallery. I'd suggest you get Opera (my fav) or Dolphin browser for viewing the web.

Sent from my Nook Color using Android Tablet Forum App

luxor

Dec 26, 2010
yes I used the auto nooter method. Also how do I proceed to full root, I don't see the standard android menu as I would on a mobile device in addition I can see flash videos

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

supergroomer

Jan 21, 2011
I rooted mine with the autonooter method and my pinch zoom is not working. Any help would be appreciated. I was not able to follow the manual method on top.

Supergroomer

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I rooted mine with the autonooter method and my pinch zoom is not working. Any help would be appreciated. I was not able to follow the manual method on top.

Supergroomer
Welcome to the forum!!! Which apps have you tried pinch-zoom in? Doesn't work in a few, like the stock browser. There's also a problem with the latest version of Dolphin HD.

-Matt

supergroomer

Jan 21, 2011
I actually got it to work in Firefox. I will have to play with some other apps.

Supergroomer

Last edited:

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I've noticed that multitouch doesn't work in all apps. Nor does it seem to work in the default keyboard (hold shift and hit a key at the same time). I installed a touch-tester app, and clearly 2-point touch is functional. Weird, there must be something nonstandard going on (the way the latest dolphin browser, and opera mini don't multi-touch on the nook, but do on other devices).

I mean it's not a big deal, but I have this cool galaga game and it won't allow me to move and shoot at the same time. So I die a lot.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Ah, that's easy to fix. ADB (and sqlite3) are not in your system path, so Windows cmd doesn't recognize those commands outside the directory where they're stored.

The way to fix that is to go Start -> Right click on Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced Tab -> Environmental Variables -> System Variables and then edit the Path variable by adding the full path (something like C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools, yours may look a little different). Remember to put a semi-colon ; before the path to ADB. :)

That should do the trick.

-Matt