how to instal google play?

chri

Aug 27, 2012
Hello,
I just bought a viewsonic-10 and I having problems to download apps (e.g. Skype) on it. I am not really familiar with tablets and android. What I understood is that I need google play to download apps. But if I want to download google-play I get the message that the content is not supported by my phone. I was wondering if I need another account on google besides by gmail-email account to be able to download google play?
I also found on internet that I need a File Manager or a app Device Policy first to be able to install google play, is that true?
I hope that someone can help me.

Kind regards.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I have no idea about the last part of your post because it doesn't sound right, but the Play app should be on your tablet and yes, that's what's needed to install apps. If you in fact set up your tablet with a Google account, that's really all you should need to get registered. The app itself my be in the app drawer. Tap the little squares upper right corner to get to the app drawer.

Go to the Store https://play.google.com/store and log in with that user name and password to see if it lists your tab.

chri

Aug 27, 2012
I am sorry if my post was not clear.
The problem is that the Play app is not installed on my tablet :-( and I am afraid that it is not compatible with my tablet (android x86 2.2)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not initially realizing your tablet is "that" hybrid, you my be correct. But, normally having Android 2.2 does not keep you from having the Google app. The only difference is that it would be called the Market not the Play Store. Which is where I may have goofed in my explanation.

What confused me was talking about about downloading some of those apps in your first post, like Skype. I'm assuming you are referring to the Android side.