How to Install Android Market on Ematic 10" eGlide Pro II XL Tablet

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Here are the steps and instructions that I used to install google market 3.1.3 on my Ematic 10” eGlide Pro II XL running Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 4.0. This install took less than 15 minutes and worked for me the very first time. Every app that I have downloaded installs and runs without any problems and all have updated automatically and I am quite pleased with the results. I used the standard file manager that came pre-installed on the tablet to access the microSD card.

So after reading Roman's instructions on the website I installed my microSD card and went to his box account (see following link below) and downloaded the files to my computer. Plugged my tablet into the USB cable and logged onto the tablet's microSD card and copied the following five files to the root directory of my microSD card: (com.google.android.apps.books.apk, GoogleServiceFramework.apk, OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk, superuser.root.android.su-46-3.13.apk, and vending-3.1.3-signed.apk). I then disconnected my tablet from the computer and opened the tablet's file manager and at the top of the screen tapped on the “SD” icon to access the APK files on the microSD card.

The following instructions were originally modified by “Roman” from the following tutorial to fit the Ematic Eglide Pro III How To Install Android Market on Pandigital Nova/SuperNova (The Easy Way) - The Digital Reader . In addition he has the files that I used, and that you will need to complete this installation free to download on his cloud account @ https://www.box.com/s/3e3c0a4196df0e52329b . From that point on I followed “Roman's” instructions as italicised below:

*For this process, I used onetime-initializer.apk and android vending 3.1.3.apk app from this process* and scoured the internet for the other two apps, google books and googleservicesframework.apk
*Before you begin, have your google account set up with your tablet, under the Settings- Accounts & Sync.

1. Install first onetimeinitiailizer-signed.apk (Version 2.3.3)
  2. Reboot/restart the tablet device. after rebooted, install Googleservicesframework.apk . it should install, the version i used was 2.3.3 i believe and then reboot. (Version 2.3), after you reboot, googleservicesframework.apk version may change and read back to its initial stock version 4.0.1-223304.
  3. Making sure your google account is set up with your tablet under Accounts in the Settings, install Google Books, com.google.android.apps.books.apk. after you install it, Open it and select your account once it prompts you. it should take you to google Books main menu. after, reboot/restart once again (Version 1.0.16)
  4. Now install vending-3.1.3-signed.apk which is GOOGLE MARKET app version 3.1.3. (Its not Google play, but Market prior to google play. It works just the same, downloading and updating apps and other content.) – after you install it, open it, hopefully it opens, you will be asked to “Allow Access” two or three times, accept and allow access. Also you will be prompted to Accept their Terms of Service, which is standard. (Version 3.1.3) After these steps, google market 3.1.3 should be working on your tablet 3.1.3.

Troubleshooting:

• If it doesn’t work and you get the message “Unfortunately Google Market has closed” EVERY TIME you start it, try to redo the process again. But if you are, first CLEAR DATA for Google Market and Google Books. After you do, then uninstall them. Reboot and try the process again.
  • Also, it could be that these versions are not compatible with your device, if so i suggest you look for different versions online of these same apps, which can be found for Gapps (various releases) at Rootzwiki website and also XDA developers, people there have been very helpful in figuring this out.
Roman's DISCLAIMER: these are not my apps, and i do not take credit for them what so ever. they are of GOOGLE and again claim no credit nor this has been sold for any monetary value but just providing information to the public domain.

If you are new to the Android operating system (OS) when the instructions tell you to install any file, all you have to do is tap on the file name while you are in the file manager. I did no create these instructions for adding the android market to this tablet, but it worked for me, so I will not be able to answer any technical questions regarding this install. All I can tell you is that I followed the steps in order and it worked for me without any glitches. I have included the address of the website from which I found Roman's original comment to another user on how he installed the Android market on his eGlide tablet on 'The eBook Reader Blog', his comment is from May 16, 2012 Ematic eGlide Prima and eGlide Pro III – Cheap Android 4.0 Tablets | The eBook Reader Blog . Hope you find this information useful, it was probably the deciding factor that tipped the scale in the favor of my purchasing the Ematic HD Pro II XL. Leave a comment if this installation works for you. Maybe this post can even be made into a sticky for the forum. Good luck

Todd

Last edited:

Laserbeak43

Aug 4, 2012
Here are the steps and instructions that I used to install google market 3.1.3 on my Ematic 10” eGlide Pro II XL running Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) 4.0. This install took less than 15 minutes and worked for me the very first time. Every app that I have downloaded installs and runs without any problems and all have updated automatically and I am quite pleased with the results. I used the standard file manager that came pre-installed on the tablet to access the microSD card.

So after reading Roman's instructions on the website I installed my microSD card and went to his box account (see following link below) and downloaded the files to my computer. Plugged my tablet into the USB cable and logged onto the tablet's microSD card and copied the following five files to the root directory of my microSD card: (com.google.android.apps.books.apk, GoogleServiceFramework.apk, OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk, superuser.root.android.su-46-3.13.apk, and vending-3.1.3-signed.apk). I then disconnected my tablet from the computer and opened the tablet's file manager and at the top of the screen tapped on the “SD” icon to access the APK files on the microSD card.

The following instructions were originally modified by “Roman” from the following tutorial to fit the Ematic Eglide Pro III How To Install Android Market on Pandigital Nova/SuperNova (The Easy Way) - The Digital Reader . In addition he has the files that I used, and that you will need to complete this installation free to download on his cloud account @ https://www.box.com/s/3e3c0a4196df0e52329b . From that point on I followed “Roman's” instructions as italicised below:

*For this process, I used onetime-initializer.apk and android vending 3.1.3.apk app from this process* and scoured the internet for the other two apps, google books and googleservicesframework.apk
*Before you begin, have your google account set up with your tablet, under the Settings- Accounts & Sync.

1. Install first onetimeinitiailizer-signed.apk (Version 2.3.3)
  2. Reboot/restart the tablet device. after rebooted, install Googleservicesframework.apk . it should install, the version i used was 2.3.3 i believe and then reboot. (Version 2.3), after you reboot, googleservicesframework.apk version may change and read back to its initial stock version 4.0.1-223304.
  3. Making sure your google account is set up with your tablet under Accounts in the Settings, install Google Books, com.google.android.apps.books.apk. after you install it, Open it and select your account once it prompts you. it should take you to google Books main menu. after, reboot/restart once again (Version 1.0.16)
  4. Now install vending-3.1.3-signed.apk which is GOOGLE MARKET app version 3.1.3. (Its not Google play, but Market prior to google play. It works just the same, downloading and updating apps and other content.) – after you install it, open it, hopefully it opens, you will be asked to “Allow Access” two or three times, accept and allow access. Also you will be prompted to Accept their Terms of Service, which is standard. (Version 3.1.3) After these steps, google market 3.1.3 should be working on your tablet 3.1.3.

Troubleshooting:

• If it doesn’t work and you get the message “Unfortunately Google Market has closed” EVERY TIME you start it, try to redo the process again. But if you are, first CLEAR DATA for Google Market and Google Books. After you do, then uninstall them. Reboot and try the process again.
  • Also, it could be that these versions are not compatible with your device, if so i suggest you look for different versions online of these same apps, which can be found for Gapps (various releases) at Rootzwiki website and also XDA developers, people there have been very helpful in figuring this out.
Roman's DISCLAIMER: these are not my apps, and i do not take credit for them what so ever. they are of GOOGLE and again claim no credit nor this has been sold for any monetary value but just providing information to the public domain.

If you are new to the Android operating system (OS) when the instructions tell you to install any file, all you have to do is tap on the file name while you are in the file manager. I did no create these instructions for adding the android market to this tablet, but it worked for me, so I will not be able to answer any technical questions regarding this install. All I can tell you is that I followed the steps in order and it worked for me without any glitches. I have included the address of the website from which I found Roman's original comment to another user on how he installed the Android market on his eGlide tablet on 'The eBook Reader Blog', his comment is from May 16, 2012 Ematic eGlide Prima and eGlide Pro III – Cheap Android 4.0 Tablets | The eBook Reader Blog . Hope you find this information useful, it was probably the deciding factor that tipped the scale in the favor of my purchasing the Ematic HD Pro II XL. Leave a comment if this installation works for you. Maybe this post can even be made into a sticky for the forum. Good luck

Todd

Thanks trying it now....I get an error message saying "There is a problem parsing the package" after trying to install vending-3.1.3-signed.apk
how do i check which google services framework version i have, after installing?

thanks

Laserbeak43

Aug 4, 2012
seems to be working now, thanks!!

-edit-
FYI for anyone reading, i had to delete the apk and download a new one. maybe it was corrupted or something. but a redownload of the apk from the OP's source worked fine.

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
seems to be working now, thanks!!

-edit-
FYI for anyone reading, i had to delete the apk and download a new one. maybe it was corrupted or something. but a redownload of the apk from the OP's source worked fine.

Cool, glad it worked for you as well. Will be curious if it works on the other Ematic tablets that run ICS 4.0.

Todd

aderade001

Aug 7, 2012
Hey I was wondering how you can root this tablet? I've done a lil research about rooting and it sounds awesome

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Not sure, in the past the only reason I rooted a tablet was to get the Android Market installed, and I used other peoples work or instructions. As mentioned earlier I would not have any ideas on how to root an Ematic tablet.

sheley85

Jul 16, 2012
I am using the ematic eglide xl pro 2and I just installed the market apk and everything is working fine without the extra steps. I had previously tried the play store but ran into the app not responding. thanks for the instructions and link to the apk files.

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
I am using the ematic eglide xl pro 2and I just installed the market apk and everything is working fine without the extra steps. I had previously tried the play store but ran into the app not responding. thanks for the instructions and link to the apk files.

Awsome, glad it is working for you as well.....

Todd

Pere

Aug 19, 2012
Same here, I was ready to return the tablet due to my absolute ignorance when I saw your post, thank you so much, to you and Roman of course.
The only thing that bugs me is an error message keeps saying "Unfortunatelly, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." Should I do anything about it?
Again thank a lot.

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Same here, I was ready to return the tablet due to my absolute ignorance when I saw your post, thank you so much, to you and Roman of course.
The only thing that bugs me is an error message keeps saying "Unfortunatelly, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." Should I do anything about it?
Again thank a lot.

Not sure, haven't seen this error before.....Anyone else beside Pere encountered this?

Todd

Oct 8, 2012
Has anyone tried to update the amazon appstore? I am trying to do it, as all my games tell me I must update it, but everytime I try I download everything and when it comes to the installing part, (I did the install block instructions) It tells me that "This is a system application. Do you still want to replace it? All previous user date will be saved" I hit ok, and then it says "Application cannot be installed. An existing package with the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed".. Have any of you heard of this situation before? I am so lost and am about ready to throw in the towel. Thanks yall

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I dont use that app, but usually when you get such an error you would need to uninstall the version you have and then install the newer version.

Perhaps someone that uses amazon will have a better answer for you.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I dont use that app, but usually when you get such an error you would need to uninstall the version you have and then install the newer version.

Perhaps someone that uses amazon will have a better answer for you.

But... being a 'system app' she would not be able to remove it without rooting first... and I dont think she's quite up to it yet.
Perhaps in 15-20 minutes tho. :p
:D

charlie237

Oct 11, 2012
I just purchased a Ematic eGlide XL Pro II, and trying to install android market, I tryed to follow the steps listed and get no were I have installed the market place and I get a message that the (unfortunately stopped working) what I am I doing wrong? I deleated the data and rebooted it same thing?
Do I have to download a program first? ontime-intiializer.apk I try to download it and either nothing happens or it will not open the folder, I am missing the boat somewere LOL please if someone has done this and it works please write a simple instructions and send the to mere here or cts237 at aim com

[h=3][/h]

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
You NEED only these 2 apks...

google services framework-signed.apk
vending 2.33-signed.apk

which you can get here too... https://www.box.com/s/rpco1pyilgt6ylz1yp5q

The 1st one has been known to have errors tho it worked fine for me. These WILL work (and came right off my machine)...
You might have to poweroff/restart a couple of times but it WILL work.

If at first you dont succeed, swear at it in Chinese! :p