How to Install Downloaded Firmware Upgrade

cormac

Dec 17, 2012
Hi, i'm trying to upgrade to Jellybean on my TF700T.

I downloaded the firmware upgrade to my PC (WW_epaduser_10_4_4_23_UpdateLauncher.zip) from the ASUS site. But now what do i do?

I've read somewhere that I need to unzip the WW_epad-user-10.4.4.23.zip file within the downloaded zip and copy it to the tablet. But where do I put it and will it be picked up automatically?

thanks,
Cormac

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for joining us here Cormac!

You need to unzip the firmware. It will still be a zip file. If you get a META folder and a Blob file, start over. It is best not to use any unzip wizards either.

Place this file on the top level directory of a microSD that is formatted for FAT32.

Install in your tablet and it may pop up a notification that a firmware update is found. If so, tap this. If not, mood VOL DOWN and POWER buttons in the tablet for 12-15 seconds until you see some white text. Release both buttons and tap VOL UP within 5 seconds to trigger the upgrade.

If you get a dead droid, check that you have WW firmware in your taet and that it was unzipped but still a zip.

cormac

Dec 17, 2012
Thanks Frederuco. JB installed - now just working up the courage to root it :)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I am pretty sure that you have to downgrade to ICS to root.

You may be able to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery and flash SuperUser and get root, but it completely destroys the warranty. Not sure if the unlock tool works on JB or not.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Good luck with your rooting project.