how to move files from pc to nook color running cm7 off sd card

kkapp

Sep 21, 2011
First off all I can say is wow, and wonder what have I got myself into..
I bought a nook color with cm7 running off an sd card. I would like to use Aldiko as the reader. I have about 60 books on the Nook itself but cannot get them in Aldiko. I know on my Android phone I had to put them in a specific folder for Aldiko but when I try to access the Nook with the sd card running my pc does not see it. Am I just blind? :confused:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Same thing applies as far as having to put the books where the app expects to see them. To view the data portion of the sd card (the "virtual sd card") you can connect your nook to the pc while running from the sd card and then choose to enable usb debugging on the pop up message that appears the first time you make the usb connection to the pc. You should now be able to see the "virtual sd card" from the pc and drag and drop files there as you normally would. Another option is to use a wireless app like samba or dropbox to move files back and forth to the pc wirelessly.

The other thing you need is a file explorer. CM7 comes with one in the app drawer but there are others such as ES File Explorer or Astro you can use to move the files around.

JP