How to pair Bluetooth mouse to Lenovo IdeaTab A2109A

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Folks, I can't get either a M$ Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 or a Logitech M305 to pair with my A2109A. I updated the ROM to the 4.1.1 level, got the SD card to work (opening the cover took more time!), hooked up to my home wireless router...

I enable Bluetooth under settings, Tab says it is visible to other devices. I turn on either BlueTooth mouse, the LED glows for discoverable, yet the A2109A shows no discoverable devices. Yet my beat up LG VX5500 pairs with it without a problem, both on the IdeaTab and on the phone.

FWIW, the Logitech is NOT a "unified" model, where the dongle uses a different flavor of BT... IIRC, encrypted....

Edit - Live Chat closes at 1600 EST. Thursday...

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The tablet has blue tooth! You aren't trying to also use the dongle are you?

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
;) nice try at humor! I don't have an OTG cable yet, so there is no way the USB BT dongle would fit... without a big hammer. Using the LogiTech M305 right now with my Asus U46E and the dongle.

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Spent 20+ minutes with some Lenovo non-US tech support, obviously reading from a script. Much repeating of the successful pairing of my LG VX5500 cell phone, but not any visibility of either mouse. I stopped the call when it became painfully obvious the tech droid had no clue beyond the script on what to do. He wanted me to take it to factory settings. Fine, does that mean clear the CMOS (or whatever JB would call it) or did he mean reloading 4.0.4? Did not have the link for the downlevel ROM. What a clown circus.

He was told that the A2109A-F has no cursor. Which means that the OS has no cursor support?

Also, as I was surfing with my M305 mouse during the conversations (huh, the mouse does work!) I saw a snippet that mentioned that the BlueTooth profile needs to include the mouse... Another snippet was that a mouse needed to be "HID" aware, which I thought was just a class, maybe I'm wrong. My M$ BT 5000 mouse is not detected, just tried that again (saw no BT symbol on the M305).

What annoyed me was that this tech droid asked me why I would want to use a mouse with the Tab, since it was all screen driven. Lenovo makes a decent product, but the tech support folks seem unable to pass up any customer concerns to the Lenovo product development team. We didn't even mention a BT keyboard, imagine how fun THAT will be. I have used the GO and Android keyboards, and they are not as good as a real keyboard.

Shake my head and say "Them boys ain't raaaht in the head"

Edit - was idly looking for an Android friendly Bluetooth mouse, saw the Logitech Tablet Mouse for Android (910-002626), which looks a lot like the V740 Bluetooth cordless laser mouse (910-000298). BOTH mice have the SAME model number, M-RCQ142. Someone used the Android model on a Samsung Galaxy 2 / 4.1.1, so there is a strong possibility that the OS does support mice, just that Lenovo hasn't seen fit to support them (?)

Last edited:

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Tried Blueinput on my IdeaTab (4.1.1). No Holy Joy.

Tried it in Auto, HID, and SPP mode. Nada.

HippieWitch

Mar 25, 2013
I don't have that tablet, I have the A2107A-F, but Lenovo has neutered the bluetooth stack in it also. Custom rom is the only way to get it to work right. I don't know how different the two are, but I'm cooking up a rom on XDA.

Sent from my Lenovo IdeaTab A2107A-F using Forum Runner

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
I don't have that tablet, I have the A2107A-F, but Lenovo has neutered the bluetooth stack in it also. Custom rom is the only way to get it to work right. I don't know how different the two are, but I'm cooking up a rom on XDA.

Sent from my Lenovo IdeaTab A2107A-F using Forum Runner

I was able to get limited cursor movement with Blueinput (like in a 1/3d screen box), but was totally unable to click on anything outside of BI and start typing or launch an attachment. I might try Cyanogen, it supposedly has BT mouse cursor support...