How to Print from Android?

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Hi

I've had an ipad for a while and just moved to android :) one thing I cannot do is print web receipts on android.

For example I buy something online and want to print the current web page.

On ipad I can print it to my printer or pdf and load to dropbox (what I do 90%)

I loaded cloud print and tried to send to google drive but when I print a page from chrome it sends the url to the cloud print which actually prints the page as if I just typed the url and is useless for most transactions.

I'm sure I'm missing a trick as android is open unlike ios and one of my reasons for moving :)

Regards

Damian

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a link below that will take you to a thread dedicated to printing from Android.

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Please can you repost link, I have now found save as pdf via firefox

Ah hold on I'm using tapatalk which I bet is hiding your signature with links

Sorry! Will try browser

Regards

Damian

mbtechfella79

Jun 10, 2013
before i go down this road again id like to find out-has anyone used this for a smartphone??? i've been dying to find an app that will accomplish this for a Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
before i go down this road again id like to find out-has anyone used this for a smartphone??? i've been dying to find an app that will accomplish this for a Samsung Galaxy Note 2!

The printing suggestions I posted work on all 3 of our Android phones and should work on any Android devices with at least Android 2.2.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
OK I am registered with Cloud Talk and got a test print successfully. How do I actually print something? There is no print command that I can find.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That can be a little tricky as most Android apps don't have a "print" button or function. But some do have a share button, (many don't), but taping share would allow you to share with the printing function. If the app does not have a share function, as with many of the mail clients,. there is no way to print.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I discovered that the Cloud Print App has a "files" function which lists folders on my tablet (but not all of them apparently). You can select a file within a folder to print it--then there is a "print" button.

Contra1971

Sep 24, 2013
I have a WiFi printer...I use the app built for it by the manufacture (Brother)...it works perfectly for all types of printing from my android stuff

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4.01

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
The cloud print app has a notebook. You can type into that and print it from the app. There is also a "files" item in the app. You can search through a series of directories on your device to find a file then print it. The list of directories seems a little mysterious--some directories are not included in the list. I have a feeling the usefulness of the cloud printer is limited.

I have a text editor app. I can type into that but the cloud printer app does not recognize the files I create with it, so I can't print them. I can e-mail them to my PC though. That seems more practical.

I'm still playing with the cloud printer. Any suggestions out there?