How to take screenshots on the Nexus 7

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
by Kevin Nether on September 30, 2013 10:02 pm

The Nexus 7 is Google’s flagship tablet. It is also Android’s most popular tablet. Thanks to its powerful specs, HD screen, and very attractive price point, the Nexus 7 remains the best offering on the market today. The Nexus 7 has a 7 inch screen, and a very slim bezel, making it significantly easier to hold than its predecessor, the original Nexus 7.

In this article we will teach you had to take a screen shot on your new Nexus 7. You’ll find many reasons to use this feature on your Nexus 7, so let’s go ahead and see how its done.

The Nexus 7 runs stock Android software. The first thing that you need to do is press on the volume down and the power button at the same time. The screen with flash and a shutter sound will sound to indicate the screenshot was captured. The image is saved into the Gallery under the folder Screenshots.

At this point you can slide down the notification shade, and view the image. Or you can press on share to share it with any application. Just like with any other share operation on Android, you can select from an array of applications for sharing.

We hope that helps you. It’s a rather easy operation, but a good one.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
It’s a rather easy operation,

Easy for you to say ;>) It actually took me a while practicing to get this operation. Its part of android since 4.0 ICS.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Where do the screenshots get stored, or should I ask? With the new "emulated" memory thing, there seems to be a number of duplicated folder names, so you need to learn what the new 'usual' place is to start looking; before, it waw /sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/ but now I think it's /storage/emulated/0/ ....

In any case, I couldn't access any of the 'emulated' folders or subfolders after connecting to the desktop PC, and you can use the file search program on the tablet.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
ctually, it's in /pictures/screenshots which you can access from a PC.