How to Transfer Music from iTunes to Tablet

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
i just made the switch from 8GB ipod touch to a Asus EEE Transformer 16GB.

i wanted to know how i can take all my music from itunes and put it on my new shiny tablet.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I signed up for Google Music and installed the client. This takes all of your music from iTunes and puts it on the Google Cloud. Then you can play it on your tablet through the music app. You can also make it available offline too. Available in the US only at this time.

Another option is the app DoubleTwist. It is an iTunes style interface and you can sync via the USB cable to your tablet. If you opt for the AirSync add on for $5 you can sync over WiFi from your computer.

Last suggestion I have is to copy your MP3 folder to a microSD and put that in your tablet (if you have a microSD). You can also do the same thing with a USB drive if your tablet has USB, or you can probably plug it into your computer and transfer it directly via the USB cable by dragging and dropping the files to the tablet from the computer.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
I signed up for Google Music and installed the client. This takes all of your music from iTunes and puts it on the Google Cloud. Then you can play it on your tablet through the music app. You can also make it available offline too. Available in the US only at this time.

Another option is the app DoubleTwist. It is an iTunes style interface and you can sync via the USB cable to your tablet. If you opt for the AirSync add on for $5 you can sync over WiFi from your computer.

Last suggestion I have is to copy your MP3 folder to a microSD and put that in your tablet (if you have a microSD). You can also do the same thing with a USB drive if your tablet has USB, or you can probably plug it into your computer and transfer it directly via the USB cable by dragging and dropping the files to the tablet from the computer.

ok thanks I'll go look into this google music

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
+1 for google music

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
i like gmusic. my only compnat is you cant rename the song or fix it

In a web browser, if you tap on the song and then tap the triangle that appears on the lower right hand corner just to the left of the track time, you can "Edit Song Info". Works in Dolphin for Pad set to Destkop mode.

You can do the same for an album too, tap the little triangle at the lower right hand corner and "Edit Album Info"

It does not work in the Music app though.

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
In a web browser, if you tap on the song and then tap the triangle that appears on the lower right hand corner just to the left of the track time, you can "Edit Song Info". Works in Dolphin for Pad set to Destkop mode.

You can do the same for an album too, tap the little triangle at the lower right hand corner and "Edit Album Info"

It does not work in the Music app though.

Oh My what a life saver lol i would of never found that. hah thanks

bhamitgeek

Dec 6, 2011
There is also an app called iTunes Agent... it will allow you to sync your Android device with iTunes directly..no saving in cloud, no internet, its directly to it. I use it with my Razr.

Koonce81

Dec 27, 2011
i have downloaded double twist but it is only finding 77 songs out of my 1500 and i cant even get my tablet to be found on my Macbook. what else can i do?

Makinnard

Nov 28, 2011
i have downloaded double twist but it is only finding 77 songs out of my 1500 and i cant even get my tablet to be found on my Macbook. what else can i do?
Hmm it works for me finding all 600 ofy songs

Sent from my Transformer TF101

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
If your music is DRM protected, it will not be moved by Double Twist. Needs to be converted first. Easiest way I have found is using DVDVideosoft Software. I do NOT work for them, but have used their products for years, and I can't believe it free....but I digress...

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

Using their software, convert iTunes (which I hate with every fiber of my soul....and I say that as I am sitting on DMV....) to mp3 format. Then you can use Double Twist to move them...or drag an drop. Since you have a large collection, Double Twist is easier.

New to Tablets, not to Android. Shout if you need help!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

gretl1

Jul 28, 2012
Hi I'm a brand new member but I think I can help you. Right click in iTunes the Music you want to tranfer then click on show in Windows Explorer. Up will come another window with your tracks on it so right click on one of them find, send to, and your shiny new Tablet should come up(provided you have connected it of course! You can then have the satisfation of watching all your great music being tranferred over, I hope this helps and enjoy!!!

jimsky

Sep 10, 2012
iTunes songs have DRM copy protection which prevent users getting those tracks on other non-ipod devices . android tablet is not an apple supported device. If you want to get itunes songs to your tablet, I would suggest removing DRM from iTunes music files, 2 ways as follows:

1.Burn songs on iTunes. just Insert a blank CD. (You'd better use a rewrite CD which can be used circularly and use some software like Nero to wipe off the music files you have processed.)

2. Another option would be to use the third party software to batch convert itunes songs to your device, and here is a step by step guide for your issue, hope it helps:)
Transfer songs Movie from iTunes to Android Phone/Android Tablet

malkie

Nov 9, 2012
iTunes have not included DRM on their music for a number of years. their video's and tv is still protected, but music is not. I had a few tracks I had bought from Apple in the DRM days, but was offered the chance to pay a small fee for non DRM versions, which I did. Most of my iTunes music has come from CD's I have 'ripped' myself, that is not restricted.