how to upgrade haipad mid701 to android 2.2?

kevbot

Apr 9, 2011
3gb ? thats odd - I thought they only came as 2gb or 4gb

Do you have the specs from your machine or even the advert to ID it

soudy1994

Apr 9, 2011
3gb ? thats odd - I thought they only came as 2gb or 4gb

Do you have the specs from your machine or even the advert to ID it
in the user manual it says 2/4/8/16gb but in settings it says 3.08gb

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
So that is free storage.
Part of the storage is occupied by the systemm you have most probably 4GB and that leads to the assumption that you have a 'HY' model.

There is no fully working Android 2.2 for our pads but you can try the official test 2.2 from Haipad or the latest 2.1 release.

You might want to install clockworkmod recovery first to make a Backup of your Firmware but you need a working ADB connection to install it...

soudy1994

Apr 9, 2011
So that is free storage.
Part of the storage is occupied by the systemm you have most probably 4GB and that leads to the assumption that you have a 'HY' model.

There is no fully working Android 2.2 for our pads but you can try the official test 2.2 from Haipad or the latest 2.1 release.

You might want to install clockworkmod recovery first to make a Backup of your Firmware but you need a working ADB connection to install it...

thanks for help but can you explain what is adb connection plz? and what is better the test 2.2 or the latest 2.1?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
ADB is the 'Android Debug Bridge'
it is a debugging connection via which you can access the console of your Android device as if it where a normal Linux system.
Maybe THIS THREAD can help you. (the whole usergroup might be very interesting for you ;) )

A test firmware is always worse then a regular release and not for every day use but have a look for yourself.

apimente.br

Dec 15, 2010
and what is better the test 2.2 or the latest 2.1?

Not worth it! I put the 2.2 and went back to 2.1.

The 2.2 is better for sure, but stick with mono sound, not an indication of battery and other annoyances made ​​me give up.

soudy1994

Apr 9, 2011
ADB is the 'Android Debug Bridge'
it is a debugging connection via which you can access the console of your Android device as if it where a normal Linux system.
Maybe THIS THREAD can help you. (the whole usergroup might be very interesting for you ;) )

A test firmware is always worse then a regular release and not for every day use but have a look for yourself.
thanks so much dude

soudy1994

Apr 9, 2011
Not worth it! I put the 2.2 and went back to 2.1.

The 2.2 is better for sure, but stick with mono sound, not an indication of battery and other annoyances made ​​me give up.
does it support adobe flash player?

soudy1994

Apr 9, 2011
is it possible to install any version of windows on it? and get touch version 3 on it cuz its touch is very annoying

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
you want to exchange the physical touchscreen?
I dont think that is possible without extended knowledge and coding skills for the touchscreen driver..