How to use front camera

ackboyce

Jun 14, 2012
New to Android. I do not seem to find how to turn on or use the front camera. The rear camera is great, but I want to Skype with my new tablet.
I can't get any video, And I have no clue how to turn the front camera on to ensure it is working. Any help would be appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you can see the controls on the right side there is a small camera icon at the top. Tap it to switch from front to rear and back. Same for movies.

ackboyce

Jun 14, 2012
Thanks, Leeshor. The front camera on my TF 300 tablet work fine, but I can not seem to do a video Skype session. Is there a problem Skyping with the Asus tablet, or am I missing something?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I haven't used Skype nor do I know any other tablet owner I'm aware of that does. But I'm pretty certain there is a setting in Skype to enable the video specifically. Can't tell you where to look but pretty sure it's there.

ackboyce

Jun 14, 2012
Yes, I have that setting enabled. There are some comments in the Skype forum about it not working with the Tegra chip, but those comments are six months old. I'll dig a bit more in the Skype forum. Thanks for your help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I do know a few people using Skype with the video, on Tegra processors. In fact one is on a TF300T so something else is going on. I suggest you go to the Google Store and install Camera ICS to see if the problem persists. That app is a super set of the one your TF came with. I'm assuming all your firmware is up-to-date.

Your problem may also be some other app interfering with it but no way to guess which if any.