huawei mobile broadband intenet dongle dos not recognized by my acer tablet plase hel

mansourm

Sep 20, 2012
:eek:i tried to run internet throgh my new usb huawei mobile broadband dongle but it dose not work .. could any one help me please.?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Without more information it's hard to say what may be wrong. Getting 3G dongles to work on Android is a black art. I do have a link below that may lead you in the right direction but it could be that the SIM card hasn't been activated or the dongle isn't a supported model. You didn't provide a lot of info to go on.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
:eek:i tried to run internet throgh my new usb huawei mobile broadband dongle but it dose not work .. could any one help me please.?
No support for dongle modems. Try tethering your tablet to your phone.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No support for dongle modems. Try tethering your tablet to your phone.

That's the second time you posted that in the last few minutes but it's not true that there is NO support for 3G dongles. It isn't easy to find a supported dongle but they are out there. Also you skipped the idea of being able to use a MiFi device which in my case works very well.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well I did mention it in a post a few months back - but that is like tethering to your phone. Question boils down to price - the more 3G/4G devices the more plans you're paying for. This of course has suited you fine - as you state in another thread - but may not suit others.

As for support with USB Dongles - I've tried several WIFI and 3G types and it doesn't, or rather hasn't worked. Unless manufacturers of these devices provide ANDROID support drivers and fixes, they will not work unless one does something drastic like root the tablet. I don't want to do this so I use my phone's data plan. And this suits me fine - one plan one price.

There may be some, or rather a few but they are very hard to come by. I tried using a BELKIN surf and share WIFI dongle - it doesn't work.

odinthegreat

Nov 18, 2012
Here's something I have found with a dongle: sometimes they are recognised as an ethernet connection (if the tablet supports ethernet). I used to have a flypad (this has an ethernet port (eth0)) when inserting the dongle (mine on O2) it shows a connection (solid light on dongle) but will not connect with browser, I followed the configuration as per O2 and many internet sites to no effect. By playing around with things I discovered that when it is plugged in it is actually recognised as a direct internet connection via ethernet! If you go to network settings, click on 'more' choose 'ethernet' and activate 'eth1' you should be able to connect :)
Now to my challenge ;-) : I've changed tablets to a Hyundai S800 which by default is not set-up to support ethernet (no RJ45 port) and I can't get the dongle to work :-( anyone have a way to get one working, OR: is there a way to 'root' this tablet (to include ethernet)? everything I have come accross involves 'windoze'! I have a laptop running Fedora 15 but the tablet is not taken as a storage so adb is not a possibility. Is there no way to re-image a device from Android itself???? There must be a way that's not commonly known. Can a tablet be 'booted' from a usb drive giving 'root'?
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers Paul.

wolfbite

Nov 29, 2012
and can connect all devices via wireless can connect windows also via usb cable (shows as eth port) and after hunting drivers for linux (and working them out), i can add driver o so simple now :) excelent all round device :D and using as prepaid so cant bill shock myself :D