Huawei S7 can not delete email account

sportsmaine

Feb 16, 2011
I have a Huawei S7 Tablet that I received for Christmas - Now I want to give it to my daughter (who doesn't have a tablet) - I had originally set up two email accounts-- one was for work email synched to my exchange server and a personal email account - I deleted the work account without a problem -- the other email account maine.rr.com - I can not find a way to get rid of it - I want to give this to my daughter but not with my private email on it -- I have no other data on it so if I had a way to Reset it to the day I got it -- that would fine -I had seen on another forum that I could go to S7 storage sd card and then reset to factory default - which I would do because I have no data on it -- but I do not see factory default option on my tablet - I hope someone can help

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Go to Settings>>Accounts&sync>>Manage accounts>>Remove account

Dont need to reinstal.

sportsmaine

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks Peter -- I don't have a card but I guess I am going to have to get one -- Gee this has been a hassel but thanks again -wayne

sportsmaine

Feb 16, 2011
thanks goodane --I deleted my business account that way - but my personal account is not a sync account and does not show up there -thanks anyway

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
thanks goodane --I deleted my business account that way - but my personal account is not a sync account and does not show up there -thanks anyway

this goes back to the thread I posted before. The main core account can't be removed any other way besides a full true reset.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
In this case go to Settings: Privacy : factory data reset and you are good.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i have to disagree. Factory Data Reset on the Hauwei S7 does not remove the Google Account information for the core account. It will remove the data, but as soon as you open gmail or market you will have the original account info there. You need to follow the directions on a reset.

sportsmaine

Feb 16, 2011
Thank again Peter - I sprang for a whole $10 and bought a minisd card and it work like a charm -now its all set to give to my daughter -sportsmaine