Huawei S7 Forum Housekeeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All -

In case you are wondering, or have noticed changes going on I wanted to give you a quick update. We are the busiest forum here specifically dedicated to a single tablet, an things were getting a bit out of control.

I am working through all of the posts here to do the following:

If a thread is over 30 days old, I am closing it.
If it is obvious that topics in threads are the same, I am merging them.
If things are really heavily used I am sticking them.

Hopefully this will make things easier to find and navigate. Please feel free to let me know any concerns or questions.

cheers,
p

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for doing this pbrauer.. this would really be helpful for all of us.. kudos to you for taking over such a burdensome task

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
All -

In case you are wondering, or have noticed changes going on I wanted to give you a quick update. We are the busiest forum here specifically dedicated to a single tablet, an things were getting a bit out of control.

I am working through all of the posts here to do the following:

If a thread is over 30 days old, I am closing it.
If it is obvious that topics in threads are the same, I am merging them.
If things are really heavily used I am sticking them.

Hopefully this will make things easier to find and navigate. Please feel free to let me know any concerns or questions.

cheers,
p

Thanks a lot for taking the time...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
That is what I am trying to manage now. Discussions are fine, but if it a checklist or like that then should be first in clearly titled thread.

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Thanks for your dedication pbrauer.

As for the comment of the threads getting big, yes some might tend to but if people use the search feature or even read the forum and the various threads it will be well under control. If you notice there was probably 3 or 4 threads started on chargers, cases etc. Sometimes even with similar or same titles. Most of the time people are excited to share their experience or finds and forget the basics of searching and adding on to an existing thread. This forum is definately very active and hopefully we will see what we are all waiting for custom ROM's! The other thing I like here is people are very civil, helpfull and nice to each other.

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
Well topics get off topic to much I think is a bigger problem. Look at Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips is 17 pages with very few post about tweaks or tips. Any good tips get buried if you combind more topics there will just be more junk to look through

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I have put in a request to the overall admin to create some sub-forums for us to have, since we have so much going on in this forum. The sub-forums that I have asked to have created are as follows:

S7 General/Tips/Tweaks
S7 Development & Hacking
S7 Accessories and Applications

and possibly just a general S7 Discussion

Once these are set up, then we can better manage threads and stickies. As it is, right now we are rapidly reaching a point where we will have more than one page just for stickies.

Thoughts? I am more than willing to do this, but I need to know that I am doing it in a way that makes this all easier to use.

Thanks!
Peter

ucandog

Nov 21, 2010
I think your ideas rock! This is the only source I have found that helps me figure out all of the stuff we need to know to keep on playing with this cool tablet! I have become an android junkie..love it!

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Not sure how to get to the sub forums from the Android Tablets applet. Can anyone help?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Dont think its setup yet, you will see it when its done im sure.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Pete B.

Thanks for doing this. I know its time consuming and frustrating to sort. There will be transition pains for you and the users but its well worth the effort. Just tried out the new subforums and they rock. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.