I am new and would like to say hi, and would like some help of advice please

rick110

May 5, 2012
I want to but a ipad clone or something that is some what similar, i was looking to buy a iped a clone of the ipad , but i do not know where to buy it of if it is really worth buying.
Can someone give me some advice on what you lot think is a good buy and where to buy it from.
I saw a Flytouch 6 advertised on Amazon, but really not sure if i would be buying the right thing.
I can not really afford to spend much more than £160.

Can some one help me and thanks and thanks again

Rick

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Rick, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, welcome to androids, there are many questions you need to ask yourself before buying a new tablet. Research is the key to getting what you want from a device.
What do you want to use it for
How big do you want it to be
Memory size & capabilities
Screen type & resolution
Wifi/3g ability
Cpu size & type

Many people just say 'the best I can afford' which is usually the best idea anyway, but it depends on usage. You can spend hundreds on something that you really don't need if you anser these questions in that way.
I find that for most users, the fastest cpu's, biggest memory highest screen resolution etc simply isn't needed & money will have been wasted thinking this way. High speed multi core cpu's are great, fast, more capable etc, but for most things they're unnecessary. Screen type is ,ore important for how the device is used. Some still prefer resistive screen but most now use capacitive screen as its more sensitive, you're less likely to scratch the screen as the lightest sweep of a finger will suffice. Resolution- higher the better normally but againi, if you're not a movie or gaming fan, low res screens do the job we'll enough for web browsing, ereading.light gaming & sites like youtube, iplayer etc.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Sorry hit wrong button. Where was I? Oh yes memory- again most tabs have an sd card for expandable memory plus the advantage of being able to read from usb flash memory or card readers, some even read external hard drives. Ddr ram os more important as this is how your tab copes with things so at least 512mb as a minimum these days to keep pc runnimg smoothly cpu size- again 1ghz is plenty for most things except high end games etc. There are newer dual core tablets becoming available on the cheaper end of the market now so this will soon cease to be that much of an issue. Size- now here personal preference & portability take a bigger amount of thought. There's are around 5/6 standard sizes here & 2 screen layouts- 5/7/8/9.7 & 10.1" are generally the main screen size & the layout is generally either 4:3 or 16:9(wide screen) depending again on what you'll use it for may determine size & layout. I personally prefer 4:3(monst 8/9.7" tabs are this layout while 5/7 & 10.1 are wide screen) I find web pages easier to read, I like games on this layout & its good for ereading-wide screen may be better for movies. & some prefer games on this layout. My advice would be go to a store & try both layouts, see which you like best.
Now the main point-what do I get. If money is no issue then branded names like asus/samsung/toshiba etc are undoubtedly better tabs, but at a heavy price. Nowadays many tablets are made in china & quality is getting very good. I myself have a chinese 9.7" tablet wich I'm very happy with. It has the ability of many of the more expensive tabs at a fraction of the cost (£140). It has ips capacitive multi-touch screen high res, 1.2ghz cpu,1gb ddr ram, 16 gb memory(expandable with sd), built in bluetooth wifi etc. The bigest problem with chinese tabs is whete to buy them from. There are many sellers online & it can be alottery as some are dubious about their trading, promising stock they don't have , selling unbranded (called oem) tabs instead of genuine& taking forever to ship items . There are scammers also who get you to pay one way then say payment not received for some reason making you pay again.
There are some honest dealers tho' & some of them have become supporting vendors on this forum. These are genuine sellers who give shipping options,after sales service online etc. Redtabletpc.com is one good seller. They do not sell oem products so you're getting genuine tablets from manufacturer, not some side company ripping off the tablet with no warranty etc. Their site is well worth a look if you decide to go for a cheaper option than big name brands good luck once you've figured out what it is you're looking for. Research is the key word.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet