I can't remove Google Chrome

cgonzalez

Jul 30, 2012
I installed Google Chrome in my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Then I uninstalled it but the app is still there. Now my only options are disable it, stop it and delete data. I can't uninstall it because it doesn't appear in the list of downloaded apps but when I check ALL the apps is there. I can't install it because Google Play says it's already installed it. I use Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4.

How can I remove this app?

DanShane

May 16, 2012
Short of editing your tablet's ROM there is no way to remove Chrome from the system. It's a standard, fixed component of Ice Cream Sandwich.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I installed Google Chrome in my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Then I uninstalled it but the app is still there. Now my only options are disable it, stop it and delete data. I can't uninstall it because it doesn't appear in the list of downloaded apps but when I check ALL the apps is there. I can't install it because Google Play says it's already installed it. I use Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4.

How can I remove this app?

Welcome to the forum

What you removed may have been an update. The Android browser is a version of Chrome but not the same one that's available on the Google Store. You may want to restart your tablet and check again for updates. If you don't find one you may need to wait for the next firmware update.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Some devices include Chrome as a pre-installed app. Disabling it will basically be the same as uninstalling it. If you were to uninstall it this would require rooting the device to uninstall it and it would then break OTA updates if Chrome is not installed.

It may have been added to the pre-installed apps as the result of a firmware update.