I hate this android.

TracyGal

Dec 30, 2011
My current iphone apps wont download and these android apps might be free but its because they have pop up ads on them. Im so pissed that my family was mislead into this purchase im ready to throw it in the trash not to mention it came with no instructions of how to delete unwanted apps

raymon82

Dec 28, 2011
Wow... dont be pissed.. give it some time, i love my android as much as i love my iphone.

Not all apps have banners in them

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
It might help to know what you actually have. There are some truly horrific devices out there. There are some that sing pretty from the moment you turn them on. There are some that take some work but are still reasonable performers.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Right. What tablet do you have? We may be able to point you to a custom ROM that would be more to your liking. Also, there are plenty of apps that don't have Popup Ads on them, what are the apps you are using that are causing your frustration?

gbrinck

Dec 22, 2011
Sounds to me like a guy who wanted an iPad and only that will do. I can understand his frustration if he is a died-in-the-wool iPerson, even if he sounds rather ungrateful for the otherwise splendid gift.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
But, I have issue with the logic of Pop-up ads on Free apps is a problem. TNSTAAFL(There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch). Some developers create apps with the hope of some profit. Pop-ups in things like Angry Birds Free or Seasons is an example.
It could be worse. If you do not want Pop-ups pay for the app. They go away.
The other posters are spot on too. What did you buy? If your parents got a $100USD tablet and you expect IPad or Transformer Prime performance, think of what you got like a base Kia or Chevrolet and you expect a BMW or Mercedes capability and luxury out of it. You have the base model is the unfortunate reality.