I have a question about the eee pad transformer......hope that anyone can help!!

dancersmom

Jan 8, 2012
Hi,
I bought my daughter one of the eee pad transformer tablets for Christmas & she loves it!
Well she was putting some homework of a History Essay on it & she went to load it onto her
mini latop so that she could take it to school on monday! Well just as she went to load it
it basically dissappered & is now lost! She was using the Polaris Office & it doesn't seem to
matter what I do I can't seem to find it! Is it possible to find the work she has done or is it
lost forever?
I hope that it can be found even if I have to call a toll free number for some help with it!
Thanks to any & all who can help!
Dancersmom:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Dancersmom, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tablet. Nice to have you here as a new member. I'm moving your thread to the Asus Tablets forum for you to see if anyone there can help you out. Good luck!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Hi,
I bought my daughter one of the eee pad transformer tablets for Christmas & she loves it!
Well she was putting some homework of a History Essay on it & she went to load it onto her
mini latop so that she could take it to school on monday! Well just as she went to load it
it basically dissappered & is now lost! She was using the Polaris Office & it doesn't seem to
matter what I do I can't seem to find it! Is it possible to find the work she has done or is it
lost forever?
I hope that it can be found even if I have to call a toll free number for some help with it!
Thanks to any & all who can help!
Dancersmom:)

Welcome to the forum!

Need to clarify - Mini-Laptop - is this the Transformer or another device?
How were you transferring it, USB, email, microSD?

There is a known bug that sometimes saving files with Polaris they may become corrupted. I have switched to Kingsoft Office and it has been a good alternative.

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
Polaeus Office isn't the best option. There are better office suites.. They include Documents to Go, Quickoffice, Office Suite Pro, and KingOffice. I use Officsuite Pro and love it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
im honestly not trying to be rude by saying this but what do you guys have against google docs? It does everything the full suite office systems does, and it scales on any device on the planet. PLUS.. you cant lose a document ever. Your docs, presentations, spreadsheets, etc are everywhere you are just a few clicks away.

imho google docs app ftw!!

Sent from my Android Acer ONE using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
im honestly not trying to be rude by saying this but what do you guys have against google docs? It does everything the full suite office systems does, and it scales on any device on the planet. PLUS.. you cant lose a document ever. Your docs, presentations, spreadsheets, etc are everywhere you are just a few clicks away.

imho google docs app ftw!!

Sent from my Android Acer ONE using Android Tablet Forum

I could be wrong here but Google Docs requires you to be logged into your Google account doesn't it? At least I'm not familiar with an offline application, and this makes it less than useful much of the time. I don't use Google Docs, but an app that syncs with it would probably be good, although I usualy back up to Box.net or DropBox. Frankly I'm not impressed with the Asus Cloud storage.

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
I could be wrong here but Google Docs requires you to be logged into your Google account doesn't it? At least I'm not familiar with an offline application, and this makes it less than useful much of the time. I don't use Google Docs, but an app that syncs with it would probably be good, although I usualy back up to Box.net or DropBox. Frankly I'm not impressed with the Asus Cloud storage.

no you are not wrong. Google docs is not an offline app. It requires active internet connnections. Which despite most beliefs are around you everywhere you go. Most phones have the ability to create a hotspot. Most schools and public locations have active wifi connections they allow public access to. catch is, getting bold enough to request access to it, or creating the internet access you need on your own.

if you have an iphone or android phone, the hotspot creation is just a mere click away.

Sent from my Acer Android One Netbook using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
no you are not wrong. Google docs is not an offline app. It requires active internet connnections. Which despite most beliefs are around you everywhere you go. Most phones have the ability to create a hotspot. Most schools and public locations have active wifi connections they allow public access to. catch is, getting bold enough to request access to it, or creating the internet access you need on your own.

if you have an iphone or android phone, the hotspot creation is just a mere click away.

Actually I think most people are aware of the availability of access through various means, but for many peolple, including myself, I want local creation and editing of my files. There are times that you simply will not be able to get network access, but even that isn't really a great fear for me, I simply want local possession of the important docments I am working on. Call me old fashioned I guesss.

jaydee

Jul 23, 2011
I think the question that was originally asked has been lost in the auguments about which office suite is best!! I have had a longstanding problem with the question of where deleted items go....My own experience is with email client programs.I have often opened an email ....deleted it and found that when I return to the list of incoming emails all other emails on that account have been deleted??? Do these deleted items go to a folder on root that is unavailable or are they immediately blown into the ether. Does anyone have the knowledge of how deleted items are dealt with and wether there is any folder or directory that holds these before rotational overwriting. Or to put it another way is there a hidden trashcan?????

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think the question that was originally asked has been lost in the auguments about which office suite is best!! I have had a longstanding problem with the question of where deleted items go....My own experience is with email client programs.I have often opened an email ....deleted it and found that when I return to the list of incoming emails all other emails on that account have been deleted??? Do these deleted items go to a folder on root that is unavailable or are they immediately blown into the ether. Does anyone have the knowledge of how deleted items are dealt with and wether there is any folder or directory that holds these before rotational overwriting. Or to put it another way is there a hidden trashcan?????

Which app are you using? What type of account is it? What type of account is it (POP3, IMAP, Exchange)?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012

Just a note on the hotspot thing. While most smart phones are capable of WFHS many are disabled by the provider unless you pay extra for the service, Sprint being one, and I think AT&T does the same but not positive.

One could download EasyWifi and gain access to many WFHS all over the country for free, it use to be in hte Android Market but the makers of EasyWiFi are updating the app and have removed it from the market but it can still be downloaded and then side loaded on to your tablet or phone from this web sight. Easy WiFi

This is the APK file. Just download it to the units MicrSD card, and then if needed use a file manager to locate it, go in to setting and set your device to allow third party installs, ie installs from places other than the Android Market, go back to your file with the APK file in it and click, your device will ask if you want to install it, ok the install and let it go. Once done go back in to settings and undo the third party install option. Only allow this when you are doing side loads, otherwise it can leave your product open to corruption.
Hope this help. Also to the OP, if you don't have a file manger installed on the device, you might install one and see if you can find the lost file by name.

jaydee

Jul 23, 2011
Hi frederuco it's a pop3 account.