I just rooted my coby 7022 4G with SuperOneClick v2.2

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
I know a lot of people on here have been looking for a easy way to root their 7022 so i figured i would share that i just rooted my new 7022 with the newest version of SuperOneClick.I only ran the program once and it rooted the first time no problems. I didnt have to flash clockwork recovery or do anything complicated. just one button press and i got permanent root.
so here is the link the the version i used from xda if anyone else wants to try it
[APP]SuperOneClick v2.2 (now with zergRush and su 3.0) - xda-developers

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
How did you get the drivers for the device? It seems I need device drivers or else superoneclick will not even get to the" waiting for the device" part.
I seem to keep getting stuck there.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
How did you get the drivers for the device? It seems I need device drivers or else superoneclick will not even get to the" waiting for the device" part.
I seem to keep getting stuck there.

You need either Android SDK (full or some package from the Internet with just the drivers and adb) or PDA.net app for Windowze.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Odd, mine just started installing it drivers when I hooked it up to the computer

Sent from my LG-VM670 using thumbs

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for the help, I do have android SDK package installed. It seems that it is superoneclick that I am having trouble with. I rooted my phone no problem with an earlier version of super1. Now I can not get past the first two lines of super1click. After I hit root, it goes to killing adb server then starting adb server, then it freezes every time. It does not go to waiting for device. On my tablet I have debugging enabled and I can see all the files on my computer. I am baffled, so many other people are having success it can not be the program. I have also tried running super1click on another computer and downloaded it from another source. Both computers just freeze.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Did you try PDA.net? I saw some tutorials that used PDA.net and SuperOneClick 2.2 from the XDA thread. Maybe reaper420 can help with the drivers, since he said his computer recognized the tablet automatically...

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
I really didn't do anything special I just hooked up my tablet to the computer and it started installing the drivers, try turning off debugging and turning it back on while its hooked up to super one click.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using thumbs

retired

Nov 29, 2011
I couldn't get the drivers to work for my 7016 either. After the install failed, I copied the USB device ID from the error code and pasted it into the android_winusb.inf area section for the telechips replacing what was listed and the drivers installed. Ran superoneclick 2.2 and the tablet is rooted. Still looking for a flash workaround.

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
Well, I think my problem is the drivers when I am in debug mode. My computer recognizes the Mid7022 no problem and I can see all the files on the tablet. However, when I switch to debug mode that is when the device is not recognized in device manager. I believe this is where it is failing. Superoneclick has no way to communicate to the tablet because I have no drivers while in debug mode. In fact superoneclick can not even detect the device because it is not operational on my computer. I may just have to wait for S1C version 2.3, it is supposed to force android device drivers. Thanks for all the help.

retired

Nov 29, 2011
You can get the drivers to work. Put the tablet in debug mode and plug in to PC. When the driver install fails, look at the error report and copy the USB device ID. Open up android_winusb.inf located in the TCC ADB DRIVER 32 folder, scroll down to the TELETCHIPS: section and replace the generic USB device ID there with the one you copied from the error page. Save it, unplug your USB cable and plug in again and it will install the driver.

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
Except that I am not getting any error message. I only found the problem when I went into Device Manager and realized that there was an exclamation point through the Android Eclair. It is listed under "other devices". When I open the properties it states there are no drivers for this device. I have tried uninstalling the the device and reintalling it, however the only error I get states "device driver software not sucessfully installed" There is no error report.
Thanks though!

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
Ok, superoneclick 2.31 just came out. As it was supposed to, it force installed the drivers and rooted the mid7022 in 3 minutes. All is well except that when I get into titanium backup pro, it is only showing 5 data elements. I have no access to any system apps or even my downloaded apps. I have updated busybox and superuser to the latest versions. Titanium says that the tablet is rooted and it has been given super user rights. Anyone know anything about this 5 data elements or how to get to the system apps.