I need help connecting to wifi

gabymaria

Dec 27, 2012
i need help .. i have the android zeepad 7.0 and it only connects to my wifi after i reset my wifi and i dont want to have to reset it every single time i leave my house with the tablet and come back .. it always has a different IP address .. please helpp:(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i need help .. i have the android zeepad 7.0 and it only connects to my wifi after i reset my wifi and i dont want to have to reset it every single time i leave my house with the tablet and come back .. it always has a different IP address .. please helpp:(

Welcome to the forum

I've lost count of the number of times I have seen this very problem in the forum. You could tap the connection and go to settings - advanced and input fixed IP and DNS information, which may help, but I suspect it may be one of half a dozen other possibilities. But that's why I created a thread for that. See the WiFi link below and good luck.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
what does DNS info mean..?

Stands for domain name server (or services). The internet does not operate based on names but rather on numbers. You type Google.com into a browser and the DNS server translates that name into a number but if you don't have DNS information in your system, one way or the other, you're going nowhere. If you can get the IP information from your system you can use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for the DNS. That's Google's public DNS servers.

gabymaria

Dec 27, 2012
i've even tried putting my IP address in my tablet manually .. this is such a hastle ..

houhi43

Jan 5, 2013
I am having the same issues. I bought 3 zeepads for christmas gifts and i can't get them to connect to the internet. I have turned the wifi on and can see my home network. I have clicked on the network, entered the password and it says it is connected. I still can't get the internet to work, nor google play nor netflix. I checked the router details and found that the devices are connected. Is there some kind of internal setting I need to change to get these damn things to work?

gabymaria

Dec 27, 2012
did you find out how to do it yet? ive had my tablet since christmas and i cant connect it ,, my lcd from my ipod broke so i have no way to get on the internet besides my sisters laptop .. i dont know what the problem is .. it connects to other peoples internet fine but it doesnt connect to mine ,, its a netgear router

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
did you find out how to do it yet? ive had my tablet since christmas and i cant connect it ,, my lcd from my ipod broke so i have no way to get on the internet besides my sisters laptop .. i dont know what the problem is .. it connects to other peoples internet fine but it doesnt connect to mine ,, its a netgear router

Not sure who configured the router originally because it sounds like it might not have been you. I do have a suggestion to get connected. Do a factory reset of the router since that's what's gumming up the works, It's usually a very small red button. Hold it in while powering the router up. Then refer to the manual for that router for how to access it and set up security,

Another option would be to get into the router and see what security is there and if it's WEP change it to WPA/WPA2 or diable it long enough to see if you can connect.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also make sure the router's firmware is up to date. Just like most other electronics they need to be updated periodically and you should update at the same time you are going through the reset and security steps. They problem is almost certainly in your router settings since it works on other networks.

Then there is always option C. If you have an older router you may want to buy a new one that will more than likely just work out of the box. A little effort may still be required though so you could end up going through the same process as just setting the old one up correctly.