I need help . Maylong m-270 tablet won't get past start screen after this.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
I installed Android ID Changer from the Google Play Store here,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=adaptive.cogid&hl=en
I entered some random ID different than mine and then it restarts my device but my device will not restart.
It gets stuck or hangs but doesn't really freeze at the Android Ice Cream Icon. My device is Maylong MVP-270 tablet
with root access. I did make a backup using Titanium Backup Root from the Google Play Store before doing that thing with ID. I made backup of everything I think. How could I use that to restore my device when
I cannot fully start device ? Any other information I will answer when I have time. I have an SD card I use on it and that's where I think the backups are from the Titanium Backup Root app. I did save my default ID before running the other app too, on memory card somewhere but I don't know how I can get it fixed. It's Android 4.0 Operating System.
It's new too.

Last edited:

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
Can anyone help ? I posted this , this morning and no one replied yet. I never been here before and this is my first post. I made backups of all my apps and things and my Android ID. Is there a way to copy the files I backed up to my device when it won't boot fully where I could enable files transfer ? I was using usb storage so I had backups put on there. Is there any way to make my original ID go back to normal ? I made a backup of it and I don't know where the backup is saved but I wrote the ID down. I would like some help soon. Any replies if you know exactly what can fix it or not I would like. Is it possible to re-flash a tablet like this one that won't start ? i tried doing everything I could to get it to do a factory reset or hard reset but no button combination works. i tried holding the on button but that didn't work either. i have had a frozen tablet a few times recently but easily got unfroze by restarting it by holding power off but now that it won't start up after I did that ID thing it won't start up at all. Can someone tell me what to do who knows what they are doing ? Is it possible to just reinstall Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System completely some way with Android SDK on Windows XP even though my tablet is stuck in start up ? an example I think is like this link

It's a android OS phone that was stuck on boot loop kind of like my android tablet is doing but I don't know where to get the files or where to start.

I have tried every way to boot in safe mode or recovery mode , so if reinstalling the whole Operating System is possible I want to do that. I'm ok with that. The apps and things I had wasn't very much. i would like help as soon as possible at least to be able to get it fixed at the end of this week by Friday

Last edited by a moderator:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Ryan,

I am not familiar with this brand or model of tablet. Can you contact the OEM or manufacturer and get the latest firmware and reinstall it? This should get you booting again.

Beyond that, I cannot be of much help.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
I don't know how to contact them. If I were to could I do it by email without having to talk to them to just get the firmware ? Would it be possible to find it online somewhere for my device ? I don't know anything about this.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
Maylong Group - Connected Life I found contact here. If I contact them would they bill me or want me to send the tablet to them ? Would they give me the firmware for it for free by mail if I ask them ? I dont use any credit cards or buy from online and I don't want them to ask me to send it back. Someone else bought the tablet for me.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
Is there a way to reflash or anything to fix my tablet. After looking at more information online I found that what my tablet is doing
is what is called, it's in a bricked state where the tablet hangs on boot or keeps restarting.
I installed the Android SDK onto my computer and installed the things in it. Can I use that to fix my device ?
I was reading today and found this link, How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone or Tablet - Tutorial / Guide
It says,How to enter recovery mode on any android device.
since I cannot enter recovery mode using the tablet recovery option I look at method 2.
How to enter recovery mode with ADB. When my tablet was working I had installed ADB drivers
and some other drivers. I have set up ADB and fastboot on my computer to work with Command Prompt.
Now my question is can I use it somehow to fix my device ? I have the file, backup.id that was made
before using that one app as said in post number 1 . Is it possible to somehow make that work with
the one of the fastboot options of command prompt ? could I use it with the update <filename> command
to change back to my original ID ? I don't know how reflashing , flashing , or updates work when using
it. I read that they have to be a certain format and location on the SD card to work.
Now since I can't manually enter a button command on device to enter recovery mode would it be
possible if I could make an update on my SD card then use the command prompt "update <filename>"
to change device ID back to the original one.

My computer does recognize a device connection when I connect my device and turn it on even though
it hangs in boot logo. I cannot enable USB debugging since I can't get into my device .
Is it possible to enable that through the Android SDK on computer some how ? I don't think there is but
I don't know. I see that there is an ADB Reboot Recovery option from command prompt.
Will that work on my device ? Is there any possible damage done by doing that ?
here are the steps for that.

Step 1 - Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK. This is important.
Step 2 - Connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable and install ADB drivers (if needed).
Step 3 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open [COLOR=#009900 !important]Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click anywhere in the [COLOR=#009900 !important]folder[/COLOR] > Open Command Prompt).[/COLOR]
Step 4 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

adb reboot recoveryStep 5 - Your Android device will turn OFF and then boot into the recovery mode. Navigate up and down using the volume keys.

I am thinking of trying that since I do not have a button option to enable recovery mode on startup on my tablet . If it is needed for you to know I can tell you my
Model Number: and Serial Number(S/N): found on the back of my device.
I don't know what I am doing and don't know anything about this stuff so if I need to give more information I can try.Here is a link of the tablet I have.
http://www.target.com/p/maylong-7-a...-keyboard-case-and-earbuds-black/-/A-14216324

It's an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System. To let you all know if you were thinking
about it, I messed up my tablet early yesterday morning . I will not try to do anything until I get
some answers from you or anyone else who looks here and answers.

Last edited:

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
new information.

I bricked my tablet two days ago and have been searching a lot for firmware for it and answers.
Now I have found my firmware in a download link for the Maylong MVP-270 tablet.
My question is , can I replace or re install the stock firmware on my bricked tablet ?
I cannot enter USB Debugging because it won't boot , it just gets stuck and hangs on android booting logo.
I do have the Android SDK on my computer. Can I enter recovery mode using my computer since I do not have a button combination to manually enter it through the tablet ?

from what I understand in the instructons for the firmware I do not need to enter recovery mode.
Is that correct ? It will automatically run ?

How to enter recovery mode with ADB.
Step 1 - Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK. This is important.
Step 2 - Connect your Android device to your PC with a USB cable and install ADB drivers (if needed).
Step 3 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open [COLOR=#009900 !important]Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click anywhere in the [COLOR=#009900 !important]folder[/COLOR] > Open Command Prompt).[/COLOR]
Step 4 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

adb reboot recoveryStep 5 - Your Android device will turn OFF and then [COLOR=#009900 !important]boot into the recovery mode. Navigate up and down using the volume keys.

These are the instructions that are shown. http://www.maylonggroup.com/Tablets/M270CQ1/M270CQ_Upgrade.pdf

To upgrade the firmware, follow the instructions below:
1. Download the firmware file M-270CQ_Ver 1.5.6.zip to your computer and unzip it,
you will get the folder &#8220;M-270CQ_Ver 1.5.6&#8221;
2. Open &#8220;M-270CQ_Ver 1.5.6&#8221; folder, copy the "FirmwareInstall" folder and
"wmt_scriptcmd" file to the root of a cleaned micro SD card.
3. Put the SD card into the Tablet then turn on the tablet, the update firmware will
run automatically.
4. Remove the SD card after the firmware is 100% copied.
5. The tablet will reboot and the firmware will be upgraded.

Last edited:

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
update. My tablet is fixed and unbricked after reinstalling operating system. thank you Frederuco for asking if I
could contact them for my firmware. I never had to contact but found it today. I would't have thought to search for that.