i need simple steps to update android

jan171614

Oct 1, 2012
Hi, i have searched for an answer to my question but all answers refer to specific devices and all i know i have is an Android tablet.

I bought 3 android tablets off ebay, they were brand new and meant to be identical but 2 of them are android 4.0.4 and 1 of them is android 4.0.3, i can see an obvious difference between the 4.0.4 and the 4.0.3 so i want to update one so they are all 4.0.4, can anyone tell me in very simple instructions how to do this?
The 4.0.3 version keeps crashing & just doesn't seem to run as smoothly plus it doesn't have as many icons & options as the 4.0.4 does, These are for my 3 children for christmas so i want them exactly the same.
Thanks in advance for any help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum,

For most Android tablets, if you go to settings - about tablet, there should be a check for firmware button at the top. If you find that and try it and don't get a response report back. Knowing a little more about the tablet brand and model also may help.

jan171614

Oct 1, 2012
Hi, thanks for replying, i tried what you suggested and it's saying the tablet is already up to date so i have no idea where to go from here, i have no idea what kind of tablet it is but when it arrived it had a chinese internet address is the wifi settings, i've since changed it to my own and can connect to the internet but have no idea what to download.
I've already spoken to the seller who sells hundreds of these and he said i can return it for an exchange if i can't update it myself as he doesn't know what to do either, i just really don't want the hassle of returning it incase it 'mysteriously goes missing in the post'

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
There is no easy method to upgrade most tablets, each type of tablet will require a different method to update. You will need to find and post info about the tablets, the seller would have to post some type of description.

The easiest method might be returning the tablet, you can weigh your options once you find out the type of tablet you have.