I think I confused myself with too much reading (rooted and using honeycomb)

DJFOX

Mar 9, 2011
Hello everyone;

I just got a Nook which is my first Android system. I'm coming from iBlasphemy so I'm learning alot right now.

I'm sure what I"m asking has been said 100+ times and I'm sorry for asking the question again. I have looked, I just think I've confused myself with too much reading :)

I rooted my 1.1 device with autonooter and I have an msd with Honeycomb v4 on it. I just can't get the marketplace on HC. I have it on the rooted version but not on the msd. Just wondering what needs to be done to get the marketplace on my memorycard for HC. I downloaded the pack with drivers for adb but I have no idea what to do with it or how to install the marketplace or youtube for that matter.

I appreciate everyone's help. Even a link that would point me in the direction would be great.

Thanks!

DJFOX

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you very much for the reply. If I'm lookingto just run straight off the memory card do I need to undo the autonooter that I did and do a different root or is that one acceptable? I'm overthinking this I think lol. Thanks!

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
Use V4 2nd edition w/added market. Both flashable emmc and SD bootable versions available.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-v4-emmc-2nd-ed-flashable-zip-02-21-11-a.html

hey rico the only sd bootable honeycomb in that thread is the one without market. where is the sd bootable honeycomb with pre-installed market? i can only find the emmc flashable 'honeycomb with market image' one in the thread. direct link please? thanks

Thank you very much for the reply. If I'm lookingto just run straight off the memory card do I need to undo the autonooter that I did and do a different root or is that one acceptable? I'm overthinking this I think lol. Thanks!

if you burn the honeycomb image on a microsd, it will not use the internal memory of the nookcolor, instead it will boot straight from the sd card without altering the nookcolor itself. so it does not matter whether your nookcolor is rooted or what firmware it is running.

Last edited:

DJFOX

Mar 9, 2011
I played around with it a little bit last night but failed to actually do anything beneficial. I'll have to play with it more later tonight hopefully.

I did notice when I put HC on my 8gb hc sandisk that it makes 4 partitions and I only have 118mb usable space according to the nook. Is that correct? Windows confirms that in the disk management. I'm going to assume that's normal but I dunno. I know hc should take about 4gb just not sure where the rest is going