I think I fubared my Coby mid1042

Feb 15, 2013
Ok so I got a 1042 and wanted to root it. After looking I found the Alien Rom and wanted it also. I installed adb and got it up and running and rooted and installed the rom. Now is where my problems start, with the rom my wifi was not working at all so I decided to go back to the stock rom with google app store made in with it. I used the same process as with the Alien rom and used cwm to install it. Everything looked to be going good. Once it was done I wiped cache and dalvik and rebooted it. Now I am stuck, the coby screen comes on flashes black for a split second and come back to the coby and that is as far as it will go. I have tried several button combinations to get back to cwm so I can reflash my back up even but cant seem to be able to get back to cwm.

Any ideas? All help is appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks

Jalman

Oct 2, 2012
Well guys , I think I will just use the stock rom it came with...sounds like this Coby Kyros mid 1042 Tablet is to much trouble right now...if you don't know enough about rooting and so on. I use 1 mobile which is good enough for me for downloading apps. If it were a cheaper tablet I would not care. I bought this tablets for trips and use my Samsung p5113 for home ... .until someone perfects a rom i'll just use it the way it is. Jalman