I think I got a defective unit...

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
This is my first android device. I am as noobish as they come. Just got off the phone with Coby tech support. They couldn't help me, so I come to you guys. Ever since my tablet arrived in the mail today, it won't keep running. It randomly locks up, then shuts down. There is also a small crackling sound coming out of one of the speakers when there is nothing playing. Have any of you encountered these problems? If so, what solutions have you come up with? I'm afraid I am going to have to return this to Adorama for an exchange and their shipping is sloooow!

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
What did Coby say? Sounds to me like the tablet needs to be returned. There probably is a secret accepted percentage of defective tablets that comes out of the factory that Coby is willing to accept. You got one. Odds are whatever is going on will just get worse. Today you can exchange it, 30 days from now you may have to return to Coby. That could take a lot more time. I recently returned a tablet under warranty for repair. That was January. I'm still waiting for it.

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
Yikes, I guess I will definitely be returning the unit to Adorama then. The tech support had me reset the unit, then run a recovery. Neither did any good. He didn't have anything else for me. Just told me to return to vendor.