I think I have two problems... Device Administrator and Browser does not play mp3 HDD

blavatsky3

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,

I just got my hands on a Bauhn AMID-972XS 16GB Android Tablet AKA - front door to Google Play - Google Store etc.....

I downloaded a html app with touchcreen functionality onto the tablet.
The app works fine on my windows 7 (64 bit) PC which means I can hear the sound files when I go from one page to another.

When I try to run the app on the Bauhn Tablet the touchscreen allows moving from one page to another but the MP3 files do not get played through the browser app that came with the tablet.
The HTML viewer is worse ... it will not even open a html file on the hard drive.... error message says the network may be down...
But the wifi internet WORKS FINE !

The settings function does not allow me to have administrator rights on my own TABLET ... I feel like I have been put into a STRAIGHT JACKET by the controlling elite....

Any ideas ?

Happy New Year everyone ....

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I am. It sure about the HTML issue, but on the admin issue: by default Android does not give you admin (aka root) access. To get this you must root your tablet. In most cases it voids the warranty, but is usuly reversible.

If you don't like the idea of having to void your warranty to get admin access, you may want to check out MS tablets.