I will give you a free tablet if you can figure this out for me. Xbox 360 controller.

FrustratedMAD

Feb 6, 2013
I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 model GT-P3113 running android 4.1.1 Jelly bean and I'm trying to use the app "Onlive" witch streams games to your tablet/Phone now the problem is when I try to connect a Wired Xbox 360 controller that's tested and works by using a grayBean hub/OTG adapter witch also works tested a mouse on it. I see videos online where people just plug and play. the controller turns on but the lights blink and no buttons work. further more I bought and tried the app USB/Bt Joypad w/ Joy2Touch and I can use the left analog stick but none of the buttons work(on the android home screen) When I goto a game with onlive the controller should just work but it doesn't. I believe the problem lies in the tablet not recognizing the controller without the joystick app and the joystick app not compatable with onlive there's gotta be a way to get the tablet to see the controller.any Ideas Im about to pull my hair out. hopefully I gave you guys enough Info about my problem.
also in android games the mapping cant map a virtual joystick. I see other people having it working on YouTube videos but I don't know if it has some thing to do with jelly bean or my tablet I can't find an answer anywhere all of the tutorials I have seen don't work for me I'm really tech savvy and this is just pissing me off since I have spent money to game with an Xbox 360 controller with onlive or other game streaming service. If anyone can figure this out I will send you my MID 8" android tablet I have no use for anymore. first one to respond with a sutible fix/solution will get my old tablet.
so please any help or suggestion would help me out.

Thanks Kyle.
and yes I'm dead serious about giving away my old tablet. I don't use it.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
You need to use apktool and patch it yourself or ask the devs there, keep your tablet though.

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
also i suggest making sure your xbox is off if your controller is paired to it, and make sure its off before you plug it into the tablet so the tablet turns it on via usb

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
actually I remeber reading that that app may not be compatiable with onlive either, its strange, it should work with a galaxy tab 2, unless jellybean has different drivers, download the USB HOST CONTROLLER APP from the play store and check if it recognises that the controller is plugged in the first place.

On my galaxy s2, my ps3 controller is only regongnised when my ps3 is turned off from the power completely, and only for a bit, so the most likely explanation is that your usb port on your samsung galaxy tab 2 and my sg2 doesnt have sufficient power to power keep the controller connected

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Hey, ok I did some tests, and I might have a workaround to make it work, this worked on my samsung galaxy s2 with a ps3 controller.

Try this, you need a usb hub tho, powered or unpowered, powered will be better of course.
Try plugging in your xbox360 controller into the hub, and then into your tablet, and tell us if this works

P.s
use the USB HOST CONTROLLER APP to see if your phone sees the controller, you can also reset the controller through that app

Last edited:

FrustratedMAD

Feb 6, 2013
Hey, ok I did some tests, and I might have a workaround to make it work, this worked on my samsung galaxy s2 with a ps3 controller.

Try this, you need a usb hub tho, powered or unpowered, powered will be better of course.
Try plugging in your xbox360 controller into the hub, and then into your tablet, and tell us if this works

P.s
use the USB HOST CONTROLLER APP to see if your phone sees the controller, you can also reset the controller through that app

ok the the USB HOST CONTROLLER APP says under Info "USB Host controller 0.44 S3C Host Driver NOT Found! Root hub Present,USB host mode is active!"
on the USB tab it says "connected usb devices 1-1 usb 2.0 hub, 1-1.3 generic flash card reader/Writer, 1-1.4(c)Microsoft Corporation Controller,sda multiple card reader."
so it looks as if it see's it and some emulater I can Map the controlls within the emulator but it can't just plug and play like it should. I have seen a number of other galaxy tab 2 owners trying to find out why it dosnt work for them. so again im stumped that theres not a work around for this.

My xbox was off durring test and i have this USB hub for my device but i don't think its the problem.
GrayBean T-Flash SD(HC) MMC MS/MS DUO M2, 3 USB Ports,1 DC Input port for High Power Mobile HDD, USB 2.0 Keyboard, USB Mouse, USB Flash disk (OTG), Card Reader & USB HUB, Connection Kit For SamSung Galaxy Tab 2

Last edited:

androidjedi

Jan 30, 2013
Ok so we got the phone to succesfully see and connect to the device, now uninstall any apps you have for controllers on ur tablet, and load up onlive, doesnt it see it?

I thought the main problem was the tablet doesnt see they actual controller, but now with the usb hub it should =(