Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Sony Tablet S

jcscrogs

Oct 22, 2011
So, is it or isn't it? The manager at the Sony store in the Woodlands Mall in The Woodlands Texas told me specifically the day I bought it (over 3 months ago) that it will DEFINITELY have Ice Cream Sandwich. That was the selling point. Was she lying to me? Is the Sony Tablet S going to get it or not? I don't care if it is the beginning of next year before we get it as long as we get it.

I posted a very similar topic a while back that had no responses, please, answer my question.

Here is a link to a good list I found that has a lot of thngs that are going to get Ice Cream Sandwich:

http://androidadvices.com/android-ice-cream-sandwich-mobiles-tablets-announcement-table/

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Still only rumored for the Sony S. It has a pretty awesome OS already.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Tzarrr

Nov 22, 2011
I don't have doubts that Sony will upgrade the tablet S to ICS, and but it will probably come later as the Honeycomb 3.2 does a fine job already. I'd rather have Sony test it extensively before releasing ICS rather than getting an half-baked ICS out.

mp34me

May 15, 2011
Exactly. And as you see I sent this from my galaxy nexus running I c s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
And.........?

mp34me

May 15, 2011
Exactly. And as you see I sent this from my galaxy nexus running I c s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Tablet Forum

First off, I own a Sony Tablet S.

Honeycomb although is a big improvement aesthetically compared to Gingerbread, the OS's organization (just getting around) and management tools/utilities were not as great of an improvement. This is what I observed on tablets other than the Sony S. I think Sony realized this and developed their own UI. Their UI is great but at a price - performance.

My observation was not apparent until I got the Samsung Galaxy Nexus - ICS. Samsung did not skin the Nexus . So what you see is the pure Android OS. It is very fast. The OS's UI is very pleasing and more organized and offers more management tools/utilities to work with.

Obviously ICS is a step up from Honeycomb. Let's hope Sony follows through with the ICS update and we can look forward to a Sony UI that takes the best from native Android OS and Sony UI without compromising performance.