ICS: GPS, Bluetooth and Wifi Issues

ebookof

Apr 28, 2012
I had many issues after the ICS update. I finally had to factory reset the tablet. It solved some issues, but several issues remain:

Seems to be solved:
- Unstable applications (flashing and crashing, including Gmail).
- Unstable folders (flashing, crashing and all icons on the desktop disappearing).

Unsolved:
- The GPS does not work (this is a new issue I had not noticed before; I am not sure if it is related to ICS, since I have not had my tablet for a long time and I had not tested location through the GPS; I have tested recommendations in forums, but they did not work).
- Wifi is unstable (the strength of the signal varies constantly; it disconnects; it does not connect automatically when I arrive at home and activate the device; this is a new issue since ICS).
- Bluetooth is unstable (it disconnects me regularly; I have to turn Bluetooth off and back on for the devices to connect again; this is a new issue since ICS).

Does anyone else have these issues. Did anyone manage to solve them?

I am starting the process to return my tablet to Acer, but just wondering if anyone had success solving them.

Socrates11

Jan 17, 2012
Wifi has been spotty for me as well, even though I'm sitting in the same room with the router. My iconia will show a strong signal, but the wifi symbol will be grey instead of blue and nothing will connect. I turn it off and on repeatedly until it works but it's a major pain.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wifi has been spotty for me as well, even though I'm sitting in the same room with the router. My iconia will show a strong signal, but the wifi symbol will be grey instead of blue and nothing will connect. I turn it off and on repeatedly until it works but it's a major pain.

Grey indicates that you have a wifi connection blue indicates you are syncing with Google servers. So either Google is having an issue or you might need to check settings and make sure your login info is correct. It is also possible that an app has caused a problem with your Google sync. Even with grey you should be able to do normal wifi stuff just not Google account related stuff until it turns blue (e.g. you won't see new Gmail come through until it is blue).