Ics

lkreykes

Jan 28, 2012
Hey everyone
I recently got rid of my IdeaPad A1 in hopes of buying the new Asus Transformer Pad Infinity. I was honestly extremely shocked to hear the A1 got updated to ICS OTA! I was too sick of 2.3 and I kept hearing that's as far as it would be updated. Until I went on bestbuy.com and read it has 4.0 so I googled it and sure enough, apparently it does! So how is it? Does holding power and volume down take screen shots? I want to hear how it works on that tablet! Thanks

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
So is it true that the Lenovo Idea pad a1 is getting ICS. I read many weeks back that it was supposed to but never heard anything after.
Just checked and there are no OTA updates for the tablet.
So if the A1 is getting ICS, does anyone know when It is supposed to roll out for general OTA update?

lkreykes

Jan 28, 2012
I just went on bestbuy.com and found that they have two different Lenovo IdeaPad A1s selling, one a A1107 and the other A1_07. The A1107 has ICS per the description and the A1_07 still says 2.3. I looked further and there's absolutely no difference between the two. Is this legit or did Best Buy mess up??

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Just got off the phone witha guy that runs a computer store and he said from what he has read the A1 is supposed to get a ICS update, but if BB is selling two different A1s and one has ICS on it.......... I just don't know.
Maybe the model with GB will get a update, I will just keep checking.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Is this a1 the a1_07 or something like that, and where did you go on your tablet to find this OTA update?
Thanks.

Just checked my A1 at
Settings> About Tablet> System Updates
And it says my system is up to date with Android 2.3.4
build number A107W0_A234_001_015_2643_US

Is there another place on is tablet where you are supposed to go to find the ICS update?

Last edited:

chaos28

Oct 6, 2012
I just went on bestbuy.com and found that they have two different Lenovo IdeaPad A1s selling, one a A1107 and the other A1_07. The A1107 has ICS per the description and the A1_07 still says 2.3. I looked further and there's absolutely no difference between the two. Is this legit or did Best Buy mess up??

There were actually the two versions of android being sold. I got an A1-07 tablet with 2.3.4. The OTA update said it was already up-to-date, so I googled ICS update for Lenovo AI-07 and came up with a site that offered an ICS 4.04 download and update instructions. I was able to successfully update and then do a further OTA update. My tablet now registers as A1107 running Android 4.04.

The tablet has a whole new look and feel with ICS. Its a definitely smoother experience and optimized for tablet use. I am tracking the battery life to see how it compares and so far, pretty much the same as before.

I got the ICS update here http://gleescape.com/?p=554

Last edited:

daikyozin

Nov 22, 2012
If you're still looking for this, go here:
A1 and A1107 Unbrick fix/full factory restore - Lenovo Community

It's everything you need to put ICS on an A1. You can even restore it to the old OS if you want.
Worked great for me, and now my A1 is an A1107.

The only problem was, the Windows disk image writer partitioned my MicroSD card to about 300MB, and it took a little head scratching to fix it.

I don't understand why this tablet isn't more popular. With ICS, it's pretty decent especially for $150.
It may not have the best display or the best cameras, but it has pretty much every feature anyone could want, unless they need more than 48GB storage.
Well, it doesn't have mobile broadband, but if I could afford that, I'd get some expensive tablet.

BGMaxie

Oct 12, 2013
There were actually the two versions of android being sold. I got an A1-07 tablet with 2.3.4. The OTA update said it was already up-to-date, so I googled ICS update for Lenovo AI-07 and came up with a site that offered an ICS 4.04 download and update instructions. I was able to successfully update and then do a further OTA update. My tablet now registers as A1107 running Android 4.04.

The tablet has a whole new look and feel with ICS. Its a definitely smoother experience and optimized for tablet use. I am tracking the battery life to see how it compares and so far, pretty much the same as before.

I got the ICS update here Gleescape.com ? Updating Lenovo Ideapad A1 from Android Gingerbread 2.3 to ICS 4.0.4
I attempted something from that page. But then when I plug the USB cable to my tablet, my PC reads my Tablet as a Galaxy and the External SD Card is no longer read as a separate drive. Any ideas of how to fix this? Cuz as far as I know I can't root like this.