Ideos S7 Slim

Ollie1991

Jan 18, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am an absolute newbey with regards to Huawei and tablets in general and there are a few things I don't understand. I am also in the UK and now most of you guys are from the states, do we have different systems?

I know this can be very frustrating for the people who help people like me so thanks in advance.

I have just seen something about the S7 Slim, I got my tablet in Jan, so is that a newer version?

I am also wondering about updating to Froyo 2.2, do I need to change a lot to do this?

I want to be able to make the tablet better but just don't know what to do, what do i need to read on here to learn how to do it?

Also how do I, or even do I need to update it? I haven't done anything to it from the day i got it, most tablets i guess need updating, doesn't this one?

Also I see that there are a few threads that say about the Ideos S7 tablets having different versions again like the US Best Buy 105 or the Aus 104 etc, how do I find out which one mine is?

Thanks a lot again to anyone that helps me.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
Hello ollie,
Good questions, I don't have all the answers, but maybe I can help a bit. I think that there are different versions because of different phone systems, but not completely sure. The S7 Slim is definitely a different version. It has a capacitive touch screen and comes stock with android 2.2.
You should be able to upgrade easily to 2.2 froyo following the instructions on the forum. I did it very easily. You will be pleased with the results!
Spend some time reading through the posts and you we will find a lot of useful information. Good luck!

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I am also new to the Huawei. I've had mine for just over a month, and with the help of these forums, I have been very happy with it.
I would recommend reading the sticky topics on the first page of these Huawei Forums.

The Huawei S7 Owners Thread and the Huawei S7 Useful Tweaks and Tips are great!

From what I understand, the New S7 Slim doesn't have all the built-in features that the S7 has.
I have heard that it doesn't have the same phone capabilities.

Upgrading is very easy. Read in the threads, but basically, you copy one directory containing two files onto an micro-SD memory card
and put the card into the S7's external slot and turn it on. Everything happens automatically.
Only difference is that you have to perform this process twice for the froyo 2.2.2 update.

You will find the Huawei owners very friendly and helpful here. I really don't think they sleep!!
There's always someone here to help!!

Good Luck, and welcome!

Peace,
Dave

Ollie1991

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for the help guys,

i am updating the firmware on the S7 but dont know where the UPDATA.APP is or how to get it any help?