IIITTTTT's AAALLLLIIIIVVVEEEE!!!!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
As of 0300 last nite my SuperPADx is back and chugging along!!! :D

Some background.
Known Hardware Info:
YONESTOPTECH-101 2011-08-11
Originally showed ANDROIDWORLD spash screen (2011-11-26?), tux, robot with 'fire ring'...

I bought it from some kid off Ebay... If I recall it was a true 2.3 and was working fine...
About the same time I found the thread under FT2/SP1 and used it to fix my older PAD. I first tried to use the bootable SD method but it only worked thru the IUW program. I didnt mind... I was happier than a pig in shyt.
Until I started rooting the older PAD and.... accidentally put the SP1's bootable card in the new one...
It wiped all the good stuff and came up looking like the SP1 tho it wouldnt completely boot.
Then I got REAL stupid and managed to wipe out the original U0.
The next time I booted it, the display would not come up... I had no idea if it was alive or not! :eek:
Fortunately I had the idea to plug it into the IUW program... which it was still able to communicate! NOT (yet) a BRICK!!! :D

So...
Ive spent most of the whole last month attempting to find a compatible U0 so that I could get the screen back.... THEN I could work on getting a working version back on it.
I 'kinda gave up' and ordered another pad around the 1st of the month... hoping that I would be able to 'borrow' what I needed from IT... tho I never quit looking.

Last nite,
I focused on the fact that the yonestoptech board apparently is often referred to as a YOSPAD... so I searched specifically for that. Found a Flytouch4/YOSPAD and put it in...
LO AND BEHOLD!!! The display lights up and.... just sits there.
But, it is an improvement!
I put in the firmware from a Flytouch3OS version I had downloaded before, and...

It's ALIVE!!!
It looks like this:
View attachment 6376

Android10
V2.3 2011-11-14(401112)
2.6.32.9 root@jackie-desktop#139
FRF85B
Spash screen shows 2011-05-06(011112)
As far as I can tell, everything is working correctly!!

MMMeeee sooooo HHHAAAAAAPPY!!! :D :D

EDIT:
This is incorrect, as I lost the version seen above. I ended up using the entire Flytouch4/YOSPAD firmware and it is now:

$YosPAD.jpg

... which is even better, as it is almost completely what it had before (except for the initial splash screen...)

I still need to ensure factory reset capability, etc., but for now it WORKS!!! :D

Last edited:

Lykkan

Apr 26, 2012
I'm in this situation right now. Could you explain more of what you did? It'd be much appreciated. If you could give info on the files used? Please? Thanks

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I went looking for a U0 that would turn the screen back on.
I just finally ran across a version that worked... along with the rest of the package.

Addendum following......

EDIT: Tried to insert url but couldnt get it to work... This is what is will show in Google:

Flytouch 4 3G Resistive Firmware Download (YOSpad) (Beta)

:D

Last edited:

Lykkan

Apr 26, 2012
I went looking for a U0 that would turn the screen back on.
I just finally ran across a version that worked... along with the rest of the package.

Addendum following......

thankyou
I have the same build of board as you do, 1024x600 screen, nothing is showing on screen. Plugged usb into tablet and computer but computer isn't detecting any device plugged into it. Is there a button combo you do to make it come to life?
I'm coming to turns with realizing that the flash chip on the board is not responding...

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
thankyou
I have the same build of board as you do, 1024x600 screen, nothing is showing on screen. Plugged usb into tablet and computer but computer isn't detecting any device plugged into it. Is there a button combo you do to make it come to life?
I'm coming to turns with realizing that the flash chip on the board is not responding...

DOES IT SAY YONESTOPTECH-101 2011-08-11 ?
Does yours turn the green 'ON' light on when you plug the USB into it?

What you want to do is check this...
KEEP THE USB unplugged UNTIL AFTER the pad is turned on (light goes green),

[Hold <PWR> and <MENU> down for 2-3 full seconds before releasing them!]

THEN plug the USB into the LOWER USB port (closest to the power plug)
If it isnt toast, the IUW program will turn its indicator GREEN.

As long as that indicator goes green, you have a chance to try the firmware I havent mentioned yet...
(Cant remember the name of it and wont have it available until I get home tonite. Sorry!)

I CAN tell you that I found it by googling YOSPAD. Apparently it is not a 'true' 2.3 but considering how close I came to losing it I couldnt care less at this point! I suspect you will feel the same if it works for you.

(I will PM you later with the source, if it is the one Im thinking of.)

Last edited:

Lykkan

Apr 26, 2012
My yonestoptech pad does not even turn the green light on upon powering it. Usb devices get power for about 10 seconds then they shut off.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
What about the other questions I asked?

How long do you hold the pwr button down? (Wait a good 2-3 seconds)

**IF THE USB (either port) is plugged in FIRST, it will NOT POWER UP!! **

What about when you plug it in? When charging? (I have one that is red while charging, then nothing... the YOSPAD has a green 'power' light and a red 'charge' light... but the green 'power' light glows when the computer is plugged into either USB port.)

Do you have the IUW program Im talking about?

Last edited:

Lykkan

Apr 26, 2012
Yes I have IUW 1.2
The green light does not ever come on (unless the tablet "charges" for an hour, then the charge light pulses with the green light. Which I believe means a bad battery)

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Dunno... but you could be right. :(

What color is the battery pack? Green, blue, black? Something else?
Mine came with a black one that is about 1/3 smaller than the others Ive got... :rolleyes:
I have an SP1 battery (green) in it right now... The original was soldered in but the board had a connector and the green one is attached to IT...

formigacareca

Apr 28, 2012
Hi. I have a YARVIK TB410 that looks just like Flytouch or Superpad but the board is diff, and i tried to burn flytouch firmware and now the screen is black, when i start the tablet it only makes several buzzes and no image. My board says IT 1000 YONES-101G3B. do yo think that this yospad firm could bring this alive?
thanks for sharing your experiences.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Hi. I have a YARVIK TB410 that looks just like Flytouch or Superpad but the board is diff, and i tried to burn flytouch firmware and now the screen is black, when i start the tablet it only makes several buzzes and no image. My board says IT 1000 YONES-101G3B. do yo think that this yospad firm could bring this alive?
thanks for sharing your experiences.

It might... as long as you can still communicate to the IUW program it is worth a try. I would do a bit more googling to see if you can find any references to the specific board name first tho... just 'cause. :D

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I just looked at the Yarvik website...

According to the pics and specs your Yarvik is a 1st-gen superpad/flytouch2... not a 2 or 3 (or x)...

If you need an upgrade, do a google for Recover SAWEE SUPERPAD gen 1: Firmware 2.2.20110430

You should be able to find it here...

Deposit Files

Hopefully it will work for you! It made my finicky pad VEEEERY HAPPY!!! :p

EDIT: I took another look. It looks like it (supposedly) has 512 Mb AND 2x32mb TF slots... a 'hybrid' of sorts...
The above MIGHT be worth looking into.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

formigacareca

Apr 28, 2012
yes, it has 4Gb disk, 512Mb ram, 2Tf slots, 2 full size usb, ethernet etc.

ok... i flashed "your" uo file and now it´s alive...
it did all the tests ( ram, disk etc.)
now its stuck at the penguin logo, will try another sys file
many many thanks

Last edited: