I'm having freezing issues with my Tablet 2.2

Sep 6, 2011
I have a Tablet that hasn't been used much since it was purchased. I have had a phone with the android OS on for about a year now and I am still learning what all the Droid system can do. I inherited this tablet from my "technology savvy" father, who played with it for a month before becoming fed up with the Android system, from sheer ignorance, and has not touched it since May. Since it was given to me this week, I have a done a factory reset to erase all the crap my father, mother, and little sister have put on it. Now, I am trying to prepare this bad boy to help me through my senior year in college. I have found that this device freezes on me quite often. I have even had to do a manual reset on it a few times because it would not unfreeze after a reasonable amount of time. I have not added any extra apps to the tablet since I have done the factory reset except for a friend added System Panel Lite. That doesn't really seem to help the speed on this device. The speed on the device slows with use. I can only use it for about 20 minutes before it starts to slow exceptionally down and then ultimately freezes. Sometimes it's more, some less. I just don't know much about tablets and what I can do to try and fix this reoccurring issue. As is I couldn't successfully use this tablet in class as I should be able to with the freezing issues. Can anyone help?!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
You didn't tell us what tablet you have (brand) or anything else so we really can't help you. Please provide as many details as possible. :)

Sep 6, 2011
I'm not really sure, it is a silver tablet with no external markings. I believe my father said it was an Android 2.2 Tablet Clone. I don't know what that means, I've goggled and still can't really find what exactly a Clone is, lots of different companies seem to make them. There is no serial or product numbers anywhere on the outside.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Go into settings and about phone/tablet and tell me us what it says. Its basically the system prefences of android telling you what its running and what brand or type of tablet sort of how it does in windows.
Posting a picture can help us to in a great way.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Sep 6, 2011
When starting up the tablet the first screen says "ePad", the "e" resembling the internet explorer logo e. The next three screens are a series blank screens with one icon on them. The first screen has a the android robot icon in the upper left corner, next it goes to a blank screen with the word "android" in a msdos style font. The last blank screen has "android" in a futuristic logo style font. Then the home screen and security slide loads.
Model number: android_2.2
Android number: android_2.2
Baseband version: unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@android #2571

Hopefully that will help. If you need anything else, let me know
I do appreciate everyone's help!
Thank you very much

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ick, sounds like another "test board" tablet. "Generic"

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Sep 6, 2011
See I don't even know what that means.... does that mean the freezing is because it's a cheap piece of crap? or does that mean it's harder to fix?

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
When starting up the tablet the first screen says "ePad", the "e" resembling the internet explorer logo e. The next three screens are a series blank screens with one icon on them. The first screen has a the android robot icon in the upper left corner, next it goes to a blank screen with the word "android" in a msdos style font. The last blank screen has "android" in a futuristic logo style font. Then the home screen and security slide loads.
Model number: android_2.2
Android number: android_2.2
Baseband version: unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 root@android #2571

Hopefully that will help. If you need anything else, let me know
I do appreciate everyone's help!
Thank you very much

Try searching for ePad and see if the ePads looks like the same as yours.

If you have identified your tablet, then you can start trying to find a firmware upgrade which may solve your problems.

Sep 6, 2011
I don't know why I didn't think of that! Apparently it looks to be a ZeniThink ZT-180 Android Tablet. Now, just to figure out how to fix it... firmware is the first place to check.
THANK YOU!