Impression 9.7 and Netflix

shellee64

Dec 13, 2011
I have seen the question posted- but can not find any discussion on it- Can Netflix be installed and function on this tablet? If so- HOW?

Armas83

Dec 8, 2011
I am also stuck with the same situation I have DL the Netflix app on my tablet but when I try and login it ask for my email act that associated with the netflix act and my netflix password. I type both of them which are valid and then it simple closes out the netflix app. Any help in this matter would greatly be appriciated. Thank you in advance....

rbledso1

Dec 13, 2011
Netflix is not working on Impression 10-80 tablet. I called the customer support folks and they informed me they are working on a firmware update but could not give me a time frame. My solution was first that I looked on XDA Developers web site, there is a solution there to install the Android Market. It says for Impression 10 tablet, and it worked for 10-80 as well. I downloaded 2 apps from the market. I think they are available on the Amazon App store as well. First I installed SplashTop on my tablet then had to install the SpashTop streamer, which I did on both my Vaio and Mac mini. I was able to remote into my PC even from my 3G MIFI device from work and it was like having my PC with me. iTunes, Safari all programs running remotely and hardly any lag. I then found an App called Playon, which runs as a remote as well but it is transparent to the home PC. Unfortunately it is not free, but includes remote access to Hulu, Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon Video on Demand, Comedy Central.......The list goes on. I paid $49 for a lifetime subscription. I do notice more lag with it than I do with SplashTop, I think it just depends on the network traffic at the time of connection. However, both are viable alternatives. When connecting to SplashTop, it is very similar to Goto MyPC, in that you actual control your PC from your Tablet. It has an option to mute your PC while connected and only play sound on your tablet. Works great. I was streaming iTunes on my tablet and there was no lag at all. PlayOn uses a different technology, it is seamless to your home PC. I had to put my PC and only works on Windows. I had to set up a static IP address, and initially I couldn't get the Mobile app to work until I put my static IP in the DMZ on my router. I tried port forwarding but no luck. Anyway if you are looking for a work around this will definitely do it.

biloxiblues

Jan 30, 2012
Hi, I'm new to the tablet scene, but I just thought I would jump in with this one. I also have the 1080. A very frustrating device with many handicaps. I was determined to get Netflix on this, but needed the FW update. Approx 2 wks ago I attempted to put the update directly on the unit, and to my surprise, it worked. I have been checking tons of android markets getting lots of info. I also have the pandigital super nova, and I like it, just wish the resolution was a bit better, but I view this lil tab as a ereader, first and foremost.

Gellomonkey

Mar 13, 2012
Impression has a netflix firmware update that works for the I10-50 & I10-80 but the I10 firmware update for Netflix doesnt work.