In need of help picking a tablet

matthewnadaw

Oct 16, 2012
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm looking for a tablet to cater to my school work and part-time job but I can't find the right one (for me, at least). You see, I work in the game industry and I plan to start developing for android soon. I just need the tablet to have a few things to let me be able to use it for school and work.

BUDGET - $150 and below.

AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, I would like it to have :

-OS Android 4.0 OR 4.1 JellyBean
- Full support Google Play
- Built in speaker
- Skype-able
- Back and Front camera
- Duo core (quad core would be nice too)
- 7 inches at least
- Wifi capable
- Multi-touch
- 8GB Storage
- Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
- Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
- Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
- Capacitive Touchscreen
- High Resolution
-Gravity Sensor

Nice to have but not necessary:
- Built in Microphone

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm looking for a tablet to cater to my school work and part-time job but I can't find the right one (for me, at least). You see, I work in the game industry and I plan to start developing for android soon. I just need the tablet to have a few things to let me be able to use it for school and work.

BUDGET - $150 and below.

AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, I would like it to have :

-OS Android 4.0 OR 4.1 JellyBean
- Full support Google Play
- Built in speaker
- Skype-able
- Back and Front camera
- Duo core (quad core would be nice too)
- 7 inches at least
- Wifi capable
- Multi-touch
- 8GB Storage
- Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
- Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
- Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
- Capacitive Touchscreen
- High Resolution
-Gravity Sensor

Nice to have but not necessary:
- Built in Microphone

Hi matthewnadaw, welcome to the forum!
Based on your requirements, i think you can take a look at the Ainol Novo 7 Crystal. It comes with dual-core processor, android 4.1 Jelly bean, IPS screen... and it's the best budget 7 inch tablet among the market right now, for ONLY $119.99 shipped! welcome to order! :)

ensarj

Oct 23, 2012
Hi. You can click here for a comparison chart of very good 7 inch tablets in 3 price categories. You have all of the features listed. You can also browse the entire website for even more 7 inch tablets. I hope this helps.

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
I'd like to see more from the other brands. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am also new to Android tablets. I purchased an Idolpad Plus last month. (older tech., but I didn't know diddly) It was so much fun that I decided I wanted a larger, better one and have been really been immersing myself in the market since. I think the following are all worth looking at. I believe they all meet or exceed your hardware requirements.

Onda V701 or V711 (the 711 has the IPS display & is a few dollars more)
Cube U30GT
Pipo U1
Zenithink ZT280
Ramos W17

The real trick is firmware / software support. Buying a particular tablet will not ensure it comes with Google Play. It depends on who you buy it from. Go with a seller that responds to your email questions promptly and is able to verify that the tablet they are selling has Play pre-installed. Watch out for Web sites that seem to have prices too good to be true or "seem" to be affiliated with the Mfg. Their are a Truck Load of scams on the internet. I just purchased a Onda V811 from a Chinese retailer through Aliexpress. I made my decision based on reviews on several Android tablet forums. I used Aliexpress because they hold the purchase funds in escrow until you receive the product. They also rate the sellers much in the same way Ebay does & appear to provide an extra layer of protection for credit card purchase I expect delivery by Friday via DHL-UPS. I'm hoping all my research pays off. I'll post an update when it arrives. If the 811 pans out, the same outfit sells the V711 for 129.28 delivered. ( 5 bucks more for UPS)