In need of some assistance

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
I have 2 nook colors one for me and one for my girlfriend, I am/was running CM 7 on them. Its been awhile since ive updated them. Ive tried the newest nightly and the latest STABLE release. Both got hung up on the same spot. The green CM logo will say its loading then it will go into a black screen lit by the backlight and just hangs there. no boot animation, no boot loop. Just sits there. Ive let it sit for 15 minutes and nothing. Im not new as ive rooted my og droid, my dx and 2 nook colors. I havent really had this issue with the nooks. not really sure what to do. Ive wiped data/cache formatted the symsted, data and cache and nothing. Any ideas?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It sounds like you have figured it out but when it goes black if you hold the power button for 15 or more seconds it should turn off allowing you to insert and boot from a CWR SD card. Are you sure you got a good download of CM7 and you are using the correct kernel (if using something other than what comes with the ROM)?

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
It sounds like you have figured it out but when it goes black if you hold the power button for 15 or more seconds it should turn off allowing you to insert and boot from a CWR SD card. Are you sure you got a good download of CM7 and you are using the correct kernel (if using something other than what comes with the ROM)?

I have a good download. the nightly AND the stable version do the same thing. I didnt install a kernal....yet I wanted to get it booted and running before installing it. Im pretty far behind on the Nook unfortunatly. Im still running the .6 version of clockwork. I dont know what the 1.2 uboot is or if i even need it but I do have it on my bootable clockwork sd card just incase. no matter what steps i take to install it just hangs

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
B&N 1.2 (Froyo) uboot is needed fore certain kernels. I guess it is time for more info.

What version of CM7 were you running? Did you update to the latest ROM Manager before trying to update to the newer CM7? Did you try and update CWR through ROM Manager and if so did you have an option for NookColor or NookColor (Old) and which did you pick?

Do you have nandroid back ups you can try and flash to see if you can get what was previously working to work again?

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
restoring my backup as i type this. its been going for about 20 min lol. I didnt have a restore for hers so Im just making a back up of my working cm7 (they were running the same version) so i can let you know which version i was running when its done. its been at least a month or later since i updated cm on either

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
after my back up is done let me know what info you need. Also before i started my back up I updated MY nook's clockwork from rom manager. So really both nooks clockworks are up to date. I will edit his post when im booted up on mine and let you know what version of cm im running

hmmmm apparently it was longer than i thought. my nook is running UD 3.3.0 nightly #12 so the CM on her nook must have been mid april sometime.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
CM7 7.0.3 encore (stable) was released 5/8/11 so it sounds like you shouldn't be too far behind unless you went with something older at the time you flashed. Once you get booted you'll just want to double check and make sure ROM Manager is updated no matter what CM7 is running. Once you have done that check your CM7 version Settings>CyogenMod settings>System.

If you are less than 7.0.3 my first suggestion would be to update to 7.0.3 stable and then get another nandorid before moving on to the nightlies or OC kernels. That way you will have a good current base to work from.

JP

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
7.0.3 was one of the downloads i was trying to update too, so it was before that. do you suggest i try going to .2 or any other versions? Im gonna be coming from ud 3.3 now

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok, I wan't sure if you tried to do the 7.0.3 as a fall back after the nighlites attempt or if that was an update in itself. Coming from UD 3.3 you definitley want to be using the newer CWR versions for flashing. Some people might try making the switch without clearing anything before flashing the CM7 ROM because the underlying build is the same. Because you have already had a couple of issues I would wipe cache partition, dalvik, system and data (NOT boot though) then flash the 7.0.3 ROM.

This should give you a clean CM7. Apps and data can be restored from a Titanium Backup (hopefully you have one) or you can start fresh. If you do want to restore your app data I would say get the newest app from the market and then just use TB for the data restore instead of restoring the app itself from TB.

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
Im on my nook color which is not the one i was having issues with and so far its installing properly. im going build by build right now. theoretically it should work on the other one that i was having issues with.....im assuming

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm glad you are on the right track and let's hope theory holds out in the face of reality ;)

oman0123

Mar 24, 2011
ok new problem lmao. i got over zealous went from 7.0.0 to 7.0.3 and apparently that was bad. I can only boot into recovery now. Not too sure how to get out. Ive wiped, ive formatted, no sd, with an sd card doesnt matter, recovery only. im about to lose my mind

edit: nevermind google is a helluva tool haha found the cwr removal zip

Last edited: