Inet - M1001 Firmware Update

marquez010

May 15, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm in need of some assistance, I purchased an inexpensive table for my 11yr old daughter and was wondering how to upgrade the android OS as the system update on it doesn't seem to, please see below for the device specs, hope u can assist.

Android Version - 4.0.4
Release Codename - REL
API Level - 15
CPU ABI - armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer - unknown
Bootloader - unknown
CPU AB1 - armeabi
Hardware - sun4i
Radio - unknown
Board - Crane
Brand - iNet
Device - crane=inet
Display - 01F2-D1-H1-H02-BE40.20120712
Fingerprint - iNet/crane_inet/crane-inet:4.0.4/IMM76D/20120712:eng/test-keys
Host - inetsuperserver
ID - IMM76D
Model - M1001
Product - crane_inet
Tags - test-keys
Type - eng
User - inet_lzw108

I don't think it can do a Ice Cream upgrade as it's already at the latest version 4.0.4, but what about Jelly bean version 4.1 or 4.2 for this model of tablet, if so, then can you direct me to where I can download the necessary files, much appreciated.

Regards.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It may not be showing an upgrade because you are already on ICS, and that's probably the current OS for your tablet. The newest OS is Jelly Bean but there aren't all that many tablets that have JB yet.

marquez010

May 15, 2011
Hi lesshor,

Thanks for the response, and I understood what you have mentioned. I've been searching the web for details for this model tablet without much success, to see if it can take the Jelly Bean OS, but again, without luck, so do you know or can you suggest or point me in the direction that can assist me, I'd very much appreciate it, thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As I mentioned, you may be stuck on 4.0.4 as your tablet isn't a mainstream tablet. The mainstream better known models have lots of work being done to upgrade when the upgrade would not normally be available.. Sorry.