Infotmic Pad Problem

zombie9000

Oct 27, 2011
I recently won an Infotmic Android 2.2 pad from an arcade in the USA. I am not sure the model name or number, but it displays the Infotmic logo on the start up splash screen.

Unfortunately, it will not function at all. When it turn it on, the word ANDROID appears on the screen with a blinking cursor and it is not possible access the pad menu. I have pressed the "Menu" button many times, but nothing happens. I have also tried several times to press the "Reset" button, but it still does not operate.

Here are pictures of the packaging and the problem I am having:
$Infotmic a.jpg$Infotmic b.jpg

Can anyone please help me? Is there any way to make this pad operate correctly?

Thank you very much!

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome!

On the initial infoTMIC splash screen does it show any numbers in the lower right corner of the screen similar to circled below?
View attachment 4392

If so, what does it display?

You may need to apply a "factory reset" however, there are multiple button combinations to initiate the process.
Knowing the Hardware ID "hwver" will narrow down the method. It will also allow you to identify if a newer firmware exists.

Caution: Using the incorrect update file could cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.

Last edited:

zombie9000

Oct 27, 2011
Hello, cfrockit. Thank you for responding so quickly.

No, there is nothing on the splash screen other than the infoTMIC logo. After the logo disappears, there is the faint sound of a fan turning on and then the ANDROID_ "kill screen."

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hello, cfrockit. Thank you for responding so quickly.

No, there is nothing on the splash screen other than the infoTMIC logo. After the logo disappears, there is the faint sound of a fan turning on and then the ANDROID_ "kill screen."
Here's a few of key combinations as an example.
Press and hold the POWER, MENU AND BACK buttons while turning the power on.

Hold down the FRONT ROUND (back) button, AND the HOME button (far right, on top),
THEN
Press and release PWR to start it up...
It soon says to press the proper keys to recover and counts down.
I THEN RELEASE the HOME buttons, press and HOLD VOL (in the CENTER) and REPRESS HOME.

The BACK button is the round (may be square-ish) ON THE FRONT,
The HOME button is the one closest to the RIGHT speaker,
The VOL up/down is kinda obvious... just push down IN THE CENTER to hit both of them...

Should say 'Getting recovery image',
then Extracting recovery image'....

Search this site specific to SuperPad and/or ICan and/or certain infoTMIC Flytouch models as your tablet is probably a clone of this series of tablet for reference on how to force a "factory reset" using a combination of pressing the screen and certain buttons BEFORE attempting to burn any update files. Many of the update files could may the tablet worse than it is now.

Trial and error with button combination presses would be first step in resolving.

PS Assuming this is a 10" tablet. If this is a 7" tablet visit the Sylvania Tablets forum for more resources. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/6437-apply-factory-reset-step-step-images.html

Last edited:

zombie9000

Oct 27, 2011
Cfrockit, this information is awesome. Thank you.

My tablet is a 7" model, so it makes sense for me to follow the Sylvania restoration directions found here. Unfortunately, I am getting a screen that reads "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" after the three-finger salute.

So, the first thing I tried was to download the system.bin file from here and put it on an SD card and retry the three-finger salute. Unfortunately, the pad does not read the SD card on its own.

Then I found this thread, which I think I need to do, but I am lost! I downloaded the InfoTM Update Wrap tools from here , and that software works, but I don't know what to do now. If I make a "boot SD" card, I don't think the tablet will read it, and for some reason I cannot get my PC to recognize the pad using these instructions to link it up using the InfoTM Update Wrap tools.

Can you help me out a bit more. I know I am close... I have the system.bin file ready to go, I just can't figure out the best way to get it to the pad.

Thank you VERY much in advance!!!!

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Cfrockit, this information is awesome. Thank you.

My tablet is a 7" model, so it makes sense for me to follow the Sylvania restoration directions found here. Unfortunately, I am getting a screen that reads "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" after the three-finger salute.

So, the first thing I tried was to download the system.bin file from here and put it on an SD card and retry the three-finger salute. Unfortunately, the pad does not read the SD card on its own.

Then I found this thread, which I think I need to do, but I am lost! I downloaded the InfoTM Update Wrap tools from here , and that software works, but I don't know what to do now. If I make a "boot SD" card, I don't think the tablet will read it, and for some reason I cannot get my PC to recognize the pad using these instructions to link it up using the InfoTM Update Wrap tools.

Can you help me out a bit more. I know I am close... I have the system.bin file ready to go, I just can't figure out the best way to get it to the pad.

Thank you VERY much in advance!!!!
zombie9000, be patient, any of those images could brick the tablet. Each contain an image U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" which is very specific to the board therefore, you need to be absolutely sure of the Hardware ID "hwver" otherwise once installed the device will NOT respond to any attempts to restore.

There are several steps you should follow before burning any of those InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) files.

Let's assume the tablet you have is Android 2.2 (Froyo), attempt these steps for No OTG, bootable SD card method to add "factory reset (three finger method)". If this works then good, if not you can try extracting the system image from the system.bin which is Android 2.1 (Eclair). Your tablet is running a system image that has not been reported as typically after the infoTMIC splash screen the distributors (Sylvania, disgo) splash screen is displayed. It's a shame that it has to be overwritten to get it fixed as it would have been nice to investigate.

Last edited:

raamblings

Jan 7, 2012
zombie9000, be patient, any of those images could brick the tablet. Each contain an image U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" which is very specific to the board therefore, you need to be absolutely sure of the Hardware ID "hwver" otherwise once installed the device will NOT respond to any attempts to restore.

There are several steps you should follow before burning any of those InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) files.

Let's assume the tablet you have is Android 2.2 (Froyo), attempt these steps for No OTG, bootable SD card method to add "factory reset (three finger method)". If this works then good, if not you can try extracting the system image from the system.bin which is Android 2.1 (Eclair). Your tablet is running a system image that has not been reported as typically after the infoTMIC splash screen the distributors (Sylvania, disgo) splash screen is displayed. It's a shame that it has to be overwritten to get it fixed as it would have been nice to investigate.

I have the same exact problem. i also got mine at an arcade, and this shows up when I try to boot it

i also have the EXACT same device as the one shown above

mine says this when it tries to install the zSYS.img

'Invalid file system, please check your zSYS.img

zombie9000

Oct 27, 2011
Sorry to hear that, raamblings! I eventually gave up on flashing my tablet and bought a different one. Shame on infotmic for shipping thierry busted tablets to arcades. If you have any luck, please let me know.

ketone327

Jan 26, 2012
dear cfrockit
i step by step run this
and write for me
"no recovery image is found , try recover from SD"
my tablet is infotmci and 0.6.3.1
10.2 :
GPS
HDMI
Wifi
and ...
how i can recover ?
please help me :(

Sep 2, 2012
Download the below file. Follow the instruction video. Turn off your tab, press & hold round button in front and turn on the power.

http://www.support.oasis-bs.com/10inch_2.3_infotmic.zip

I recently won an Infotmic Android 2.2 pad from an arcade in the USA. I am not sure the model name or number, but it displays the Infotmic logo on the start up splash screen.

Unfortunately, it will not function at all. When it turn it on, the word ANDROID appears on the screen with a blinking cursor and it is not possible access the pad menu. I have pressed the "Menu" button many times, but nothing happens. I have also tried several times to press the "Reset" button, but it still does not operate.

Here are pictures of the packaging and the problem I am having:
View attachment 4390View attachment 4391

Thank you very much!

durgar

Sep 7, 2012
best Android tablets is famous tablet in the world - There's loads of Android tablets on the market, but which is best for you? Buying advice from the leading .This tablet blasts ahead of the pack to establish itself as the best-performing Android tablet we've seen to date, on all of our metrics except.uy best and cheap 7 inch/8 inch/10 inch/10.2 inch android tablet accessories from TenQ. China wholesale 7 inch/8 inch/10 inch/10.2 inch.