Integration of POS Printer with Android Tablet

kofik0f

Jun 3, 2013
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way I can integrate my POS printers (they support ESC/POS commands) with my Android tablet.

For printers, I currently have:
-Epson TM-T88III
-POS-5870 Thermal printer

I have a Android tablet that is a Sanei N10.

What I am trying to do is connect the POS printer to the tablet via a USB OTG dongle. However, I don't think the Android OS is recognizing the POS printer that is connected. I was wondering if there is a way I can connect the POS printers to the Android tablet and send a test print to the POS printer?

In addition, is there any Android apps, printer SDKs, or source code that I can use to detect a printer and also send a test print to the POS printer?

I tried using the Android app called "USB Printer Driver 2.1 DevEd". It was able to detect that I had a USB printer connected, but I wasn't able to send a test print to the printer.

Ideally, I would like to connect the POS-5870 thermal printer to my Android tablet (Sanei n10). Any help, suggestions, advice, or code would be greatly appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I would say that the chances of you being able to do what you described are slim to none. It's very difficult to do that with most industry standard printer much less a specialized printer like that. I would imagine your only real hope may be to use Google Cloud Print to print to that printer connected to a PC. Either that or the printer company will need to come up with Android drivers.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
PrinterShare and PrintBot are your best choices for apps to try printing via USB. PrinterShare works with my two HP printers via USB, but my Brother MFC does not work via USB. Brother one does work good via cloud print.