Interesting new Arnova Tablet 7" w/ ICS for only $99

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
Anyone have more info on this tablet? The Arnova website is not working. I think this is the first tablet around $100 that I have seen with 1GB RAM.

Arnova Designed by Archos 4GB 7" Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Multimedia Internet Tablet
(Model: 502082)
With its 7" ultra portable design and its powerful features, Arnova Tablet will become your daily companion. Whether you want to check your emails, watch a HD movie, share your photos with your friends or simply search something on the Internet, this tablet will meet your needs.[h=4]Product Features[/h]
  • Ideal size for a tablet to become your daily companion - Thanks to its slim (0.5 inches) and light design (0.6 lbs.) you will be able to use your tablet all day long
  • Best of Android applications - Whether among the pre-installed apps or among the thousands of apps downloadable on AppsLib, you will find the applications that matter to you: HD video player, email, web browsing, news, games, ebooks, weather forecast, and more
  • Powerful hardware - 1Ghz processor, capacitive multitouch screen, 1GB RAM, mini HDMI output, front camera
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Redesigned interface to simplify the use of the product. Enhanced web experience, real multitasking
  • USB host capabilities and expandable storage via micro USB
  • 7" capacitive screen, TFT LCD, 16 million colors (800 x 480 screen resolution)
  • WiFi and web browser
  • Mini HDMI output
  • Micro SD slot (SDHC compatible) up to 32GB

(Info came from HHGregg)

ALD3

Mar 10, 2012
I have the Arnova AN 7 G3 with 4.0 ICS, I also have the Galaxy 7 Plus. The AN 7 G3 comes rooted straight out of the box!!! Only need to add superuser and busybox and your fully rooted. It comes with Applib market and you can add Amazon app maket. There is a work around for installing the full GooglePlay and works really well, there are a few apks that say not compatible with your device. I just back up the apk from my Skyrocket phone and email to my gmail address, install them from there and they work fine. The AN 7 G3 works really well for the $99 that I paid for it from hhgregg. Its not as good as my Galaxy 7 Plus but then it was $399. Check ARCTABLET New for the Play work around.