Internal memory on the 7022 question..

whiteybulger

Jun 18, 2011
Read it over, thought it was a little long. Question is whats it say under Settings >> applications >> Manage applications at the bottom Internal Storage.

How do I get it to use the 3gb free it says i have in NAND.

So on my first 7022 I go into Manage Applications and at the bottom it said 190MB used 68MB free. I called Coby and asked them why it wasn't going to the NAND memory that has 3gb free. - forgive me if it shouldnt be using NAND as this is my first tablet - They told me to do a reset by holding the volume button while turning it on. After I lold at them I explained it doesnt have a hardware volume button, only a menu and home. After that they told me to hold the silver button and the power button for 8 seconds. I did that and got a little android guy with an exclamation point but they couldnt tell me what to do after that to reset. The woman told me that she would email her tech support and for me to call back IN A WEEK. Not happening. I already knew that to reset to factory settings is in the Privacy tab in Settings.. So thats what i did. It did not fix it so I returned the unit to toys r us and got myself a new one.. That has the same problem. So really my question is for anyone with a 7022, when you go to Settings >> applications >> Manage applications what does it say for Internal Storage at the bottom? Sorry for the long winded whole story..

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Read it over, thought it was a little long. Question is whats it say under Settings >> applications >> Manage applications at the bottom Internal Storage.

How do I get it to use the 3gb free it says i have in NAND.

So on my first 7022 I go into Manage Applications and at the bottom it said 190MB used 68MB free. I called Coby and asked them why it wasn't going to the NAND memory that has 3gb free. - forgive me if it shouldnt be using NAND as this is my first tablet - They told me to do a reset by holding the volume button while turning it on. After I lold at them I explained it doesnt have a hardware volume button, only a menu and home. After that they told me to hold the silver button and the power button for 8 seconds. I did that and got a little android guy with an exclamation point but they couldnt tell me what to do after that to reset. The woman told me that she would email her tech support and for me to call back IN A WEEK. Not happening. I already knew that to reset to factory settings is in the Privacy tab in Settings.. So thats what i did. It did not fix it so I returned the unit to toys r us and got myself a new one.. That has the same problem. So really my question is for anyone with a 7022, when you go to Settings >> applications >> Manage applications what does it say for Internal Storage at the bottom? Sorry for the long winded whole story..

It said I had 99 MB but u have to be rooted to really test it.honestly this is my third android device(moment and evo) and I never used the nand on any. I just use a SD card.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
Most Android phones has small amount program memory like the cheap T-mobile comet 128 megs, or Virgin mobile Optimus V 150 meg. This where all the program are kept. the 7022 has a total 256 megs of App space. Since Froyo 2.2 some apps can be moved partially
to the SD card or extra Nand in case of 7022. As you download apps go Application setting ->Manage application check the on SD card tab if the app can be move it have a check box next to it. For example I installed Peggle from amazon 75 meg app size once I moved to the SD card it using only .5 meg of the 256 meg internal memory. This memory problem is a major headache of using Android. Coby should have partition the internal memory to 1 gig or more :(

rushmore

Jan 16, 2011
About 200 mb internal app storage? Even with apps2sd, that amount of space will not last long, since apps still put some in the internal. Some apps do not even support apps2sd. Coby should have allocated some of the flash memory space to the internal storage.

App hounds should avoid this device, or treat it as a convenient back up tablet.

Last edited: