internal memory question/ problem?

enviroman

Dec 28, 2011
I bought the 1125 for my daughter. It says it has 4gb of internal me.try and I installed an 8gb class 10 micoSD card. When I go into the internal storage settings it says 169mb free storage space. Any of the few apps she installed have been moved to the sd card so there should be 4gb. (or close) am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? Is there something wrong?

edtaa

Nov 25, 2011
No. This is correct AFAIK. Apps will be on the internal sd card and the external will be empty. Use ES File Explorer latest version to view external card. Use the external card for media files.

Sent from my KATBL08AND using Android Tablet Forum

enviroman

Dec 28, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way you know of to increase the app partitiion on the internal storage?

Jennielou

Dec 13, 2011
So the SD card can only be used for certain things?? I just posted a similar question, missed this thread. Frustrating to have a 16G card that's not being used.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
if u are rooted u can try the link2sd apps. so that your apps will be linked to the external micro sd, you can manually set which app to link and u can also set it to automatic.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way you know of to increase the app partitiion on the internal storage?

Link2SD, free app from Market, needs root enabled and partitioning external SD in order to work properly.

A custom firmware (CFW) may also change the partition scheme so internal storage for apps will be bigger (can´t be done unless all files are erased).