Internal sd card not mounting

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
Firstly i wanna say hello to everybody and secondly i hope you can help me.
I have a S7-101 running joenilan's Froyo Fusion and the only thing that didn't work was the camera , not using it so...., but now it doesn't want to mount the internal sd card anymore. It doesn't even appear in Storage info as mountable , the option to mount it is just greyed out.
The weird thing is that using clockworkmod it works. it mount and i can see the contents.
The things i have tried so far :
- I had reflashed the original rom
- with clockworkmod formatted /system, /data , and one more, can't remember right now what is called, then reinstalled the original rom
still to no avail

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
it is happen to me once (and more with purpose to duplicate the problem to find out the solution)

it will happen if you not properly unmounted sd card (make sure you wait until green android when disconnecting from PC)

the solution that work for me, flash ROM eclair (android 2.1), you should see internal sd card back.

flash again with stock froyo ROM, your sd card should remain available.

reinstall clockwork recovery and restore your backup

ps : i tried to clear cache/data/ reflash froyo ROM but all not working.

Last edited:

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
It works!!!! so glad it was so easy. I was allready making a plan how to live without it :)
the thing is that this didn't happen to me after i disconnected it from the computer, it happened after i turned it off to insert a sim card.
Thank you so much.

le: where is the thank you button? :/

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
It works!!!! so glad it was so easy. I was allready making a plan how to live without it :)
the thing is that this didn't happen to me after i disconnected it from the computer, it happened after i turned it off to insert a sim card.
Thank you so much.

le: where is the thank you button? :/

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

glad to see it works for you.

perhaps the system didnt unmount it properly when you switch it off.

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
Well i spoke to soon. When i reflashed 2.2 the card is again unmountable. In 2.1 works great when but when i falsh any of the oficial 2.2 updates , eithter the norwegian or the indonesian version, it is again unavailable. I flashed back and forth a douzen times again with no succes. Any ideeas are welcome. Thanks for your help beforehand.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Well i spoke to soon. When i reflashed 2.2 the card is again unmountable. In 2.1 works great when but when i falsh any of the oficial 2.2 updates , eithter the norwegian or the indonesian version, it is again unavailable. I flashed back and forth a douzen times again with no succes. Any ideeas are welcome. Thanks for your help beforehand.

do you have 2nd partition on internal sd card?
if you have it, make sure it is primary partition.

> flash again with eclair.
> copy you sd card files to pc.
> delete and recreate partition on internal sd card (one or two partition depends on your need, but make sure all primary partition)
> unmount sd card from PC
> reboot
> flash froyo ROM
> if you have internal sd available, copy back your files to sd card.

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
fixed. back on 2.2 with sd :cool:. did all you said and it worked.

it is happen to me once (and more with purpose to duplicate the problem to find out the solution)
it will happen if you not properly unmounted sd card (make sure you wait until green android when disconnecting from PC)
did you ever found out why exactly this happens only on 2.2?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I am not sure what the problem. But I think it is not cause by froyo system, but lower level then android system. Perhaps baseband or whatever that communicates with the hardware.

Sometimes it happens with external SD card too, which is easily solved by remove/reinsert SD card.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

trisha2602

Jul 11, 2011
Hi,

I have an Android 1.6 Flytouch 1 MID, and the notification I'm getting in regards to my SD card is
"Ongoing: Removed SD card. SD card removed. Insert a new one."

My experience with these things is like at a minimum. So when I put it in the device it doesnt read my card[AT ALL, never did]. I formatted it in my cell phone only a million times but it still wont work. Restarted it a million times and it still wont work....I'm dying to use applications that need a mounted SD card. HELP!!

Please provide any assistance available. Thanks in advance.

Patricia F.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
answer is: recover to original 2.1-u1 rom (eclair) and try to not mess up the 2.2.2 too badly :) its stable but you gotta be careful when you repartition.

derjan23

Aug 1, 2011
Hello,
where can i download the eclair firmware?

I have the S7 105.

My problem is that the internal sd not mountet after i make 2 partition fat32 + ext2
for apps2sd.

Jan

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
Hello,
where can i download the eclair firmware?

I have the S7 105.

My problem is that the internal sd not mountet after i make 2 partition fat32 + ext2
for apps2sd.

Jan

right up top:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...7-official-firmware-releases-discussions.html

the best buy rom is 2.1 - you always start with that. then upgrade to 2.2.2 indonesian - then choose a cooked rom from there.

if you lose your internal SD - you probably didn't shutdown correctly or who knows - just start over.