Samsung Note 8.0 Phablet vs Ipad Mini

clspruiell

May 27, 2013
So i'm an avid android guy, but I can't help but love the slickness, battery life, and responsiveness of apples ipads and ipad mini. I have the top of the line asus tablet (transformer something) and its ok, very laggy sometimes and crashes. I want something I can use in the car to stream via bluetooth. I'm leaning towards the phablet idea since I want to use 4g with unlimited data. Any suggestions? I will also need a great mount for the car too!

Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The Note 8 is great Phablet but unlimited data is hard to come by any more when you go to a different device that requires a different plan. If you can handle having a phone that large I say go for it..

Last edited:

clspruiell

May 27, 2013
I just looked at pictures of people using 7 and 8 inch tablets as phones and they're as big as their head! They really look stupid haha. Do you really use that thing as a phone?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I just looked at pictures of people using 7 and 8 inch tablets as phones and they're as big as their head! They really look stupid haha. Do you really use that thing as a phone?

I don't, but I have seen people using them as phones, and you're right, they're pretty big. But that still is a great tablet. Personally I have a Transformer 700 and I love it.

clspruiell

May 27, 2013
I don't, but I have seen people using them as phones, and you're right, they're pretty big. But that still is a great tablet. Personally I have a Transformer 700 and I love it.

I have the Trasformer 700 too and dont really love it. It seems to hang up on me alot.. Kinda laggy. And its impossible to find great accessories for it. Plus battery life is decent (better than my samsung galaxy nexus phone) but not as good as ipad.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm in the computer business and have lots of customers with Android and Apple tablets and phones. You are correct that the popularity and the standardization of the i products does provide for a ton of accessories. If that was my only concern I would consider the iPad , otherwise it;s way to limiting, for me.

You may want to consider a factory rest of your TF700, it will work wonders for lag. One big benefit of the TF700 is a fantastic backup program that doesn't require root.