Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
If I didn't have the Galaxy. 8.9" ,I would probably get it, I'm a galaxy girl after all! My next device will be a foldable phone or something really different from everything on the market now .

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Bestbuy has them in stock today at the expected $400, in white.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 update to the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean has provided the tablet’s owners a bevy of new features for the device. Once the latest update is installed on Galaxy Note 8.0, users will enjoy an improved level of performance through superior S Pen support, the daydream function and a lock-screen widget.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update is now available in the U.K. and Germany and according to SammyHub will also be introduced into other regions as well.
The roll out began early August for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, with users from the U.K. and Germany as one of the first tablet owners to get the Android upgrade. On the other hand, new owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wi-Fi version are not only getting a Jelly Bean update but a boatload of freebies from the company as well.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The Android 4.2 update by no means signals a major improvement for the Samsung tablets, but it makes the much-loved Photo Sphere and Google Now available to users.
The update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 LTE (GT-N5120) can be downloaded via Samsung’s Kies desktop software. The battery needs to be fully charge since the update is a large one.
Tech 2 reported that it has been rumored that the South Korean tech giant will skip the 4.2 update for its Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Samsung Galaxy S4 devices and instead go directly for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
At the moment, Samsung is pushing its lesser-used handsets to Android 4.2 including Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus and some versions of the Galaxy Tab.
The tech manufacturer sees Android 4.2 to be too small a stepping stone between versions 4.1 and 4.3, observed Tech 2. The flagship devices, which have served as a boon for the company’s bottomline, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will take the major step to be up-to-date.

Jun 29, 2011
Does this update address the occasional touch screen action freeze? Occasionally when scrolling on my Note8 the device stops recognizing my touches for a second or more and I did a Google search that revealed it was a bug introduced in a previous update. Some have said they don't have it on theirs do I'm on a quest to find out why mine does and theirs doesn't by experimenting with different settings, possible apps, etc because I'm not confident Samsung will fix the issue ever from having a Galaxy Tab 10.1

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Samsung has now reportedly started rolling out the update for the Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. According to an Androidcentral forum post, the Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet's Wi-Fi variant is receiving the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update over-the-air (OTA) in the US.
The update notification on the Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet reveals stability improvements and minor interface tweaks in TouchWiz that include Contacts, S Planner and Email. The update is about 662MB in size and can also be updated via Samsung's desktop app, Kies.

Jun 29, 2011
The update does fix the screen freeze issue, does add additional Samsung bloatware and does NOT address the Bluetooth a2dp kills Wi-Fi bug.
User interface has slight cosmetic changes.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate