Irulu Android 4.0

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
Just bought a (cheap) Irulu Android 4.0 and tried to install two Battery Status widgets but even though the icon shows on the main page, the battery status does not show. Does anyone know what might be wrong and why the status (such as 75% remaining) does not show?
Believe one of them was URSafe.

CindyPDX

Oct 20, 2012
I just received my Irulu 10 inch Tablet yesterday (Model M001 , Android 4.0.4) I am not sure what Battery App programs you have but I installed Android Assistant (18 features) via Google Play. The app works great and currently showing my battery level at 100%. Can you try that app and see what happens for you?

OT> but since you have the same Irulu tablet, are you having problems powering it on? Like when I hold down the POWER BUTTON, the screen asks if I want to POWER OFF or CANCEL. I then select Power Off and it shuts down. Now here's my problem: When I go to Power it on, I hold down the Power button (just like my other Tablet) but nothing happens whether I hold it down for 2 or 5 or 10 seconds, it will not power on with the Power button. The only way I can get this to power on is by using a pin and hit the RESET button and it comes on. I just don't think this is proper and now wondering if I should let the ebayseller know of this problem or am I doing something wrong? Please let me know

Last edited:

alicez

Sep 26, 2010
I just received my Irulu 10 inch Tablet yesterday (Model M001 , Android 4.0.4) I am not sure what Battery App programs you have but I installed Android Assistant (18 features) via Google Play. The app works great and currently showing my battery level at 100%. Can you try that app and see what happens for you?

OT> but since you have the same Irulu tablet, are you having problems powering it on? Like when I hold down the POWER BUTTON, the screen asks if I want to POWER OFF or CANCEL. I then select Power Off and it shuts down. Now here's my problem: When I go to Power it on, I hold down the Power button (just like my other Tablet) but nothing happens whether I hold it down for 2 or 5 or 10 seconds, it will not power on with the Power button. The only way I can get this to power on is by using a pin and hit the RESET button and it comes on. I just don't think this is proper and now wondering if I should let the ebayseller know of this problem or am I doing something wrong? Please let me know

My Irulu is 7" but I do not havr any problem powering on by pushing down the (little) power button on the top. You might send email to them at: [email protected]
I believe answer will come back in "broken" English, but (hopefully) think you might be able to understand it.
Hope that helps.

boardinggirl

Dec 10, 2012
Hello All,
I am a new user of the IRULU as of this past weekend. I am still testing its features and so far I haven't had any battery or powering off/on issues. Last night I downloaded HBO and watched a show briefly. I noticed that the sound was ahead of the speaking. You know like an old Godzilla movie that was dubbed! :) The clarity wasn't that great in the beginning, but it could be due to my poor wi fi signal in my bedroom. After maybe 7 - 10 minutes it was much more clear and sound caught up with the speaking. I will try it again before I complain about it. :)

I don't know if they're all the same but I have what I think is the 'home' button on the right hand side of the tablet. When I press it nothing happens. When it goes to sleep I press it thinking it's going to 'refresh' it but nothing. I just press the power button and it opens. After that no issues that I can see at this time. I will report back after about 2 weeks of using it.

Oh I was able to inter my email accounts. I have non-webmail accounts so I have to add Pop and such to set it up and worked fine. So far for the price I can live with it as opposed to paying $300+ for a tablet. :)

Have a great day all!
Boardinggirl

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011

My advice??? Take it back and get a replacement. Don't waste your time.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hello All,
I am a new user of the IRULU as of this past weekend. I am still testing its features and so far I haven't had any battery or powering off/on issues. Last night I downloaded HBO and watched a show briefly. I noticed that the sound was ahead of the speaking. You know like an old Godzilla movie that was dubbed! :) The clarity wasn't that great in the beginning, but it could be due to my poor wi fi signal in my bedroom. After maybe 7 - 10 minutes it was much more clear and sound caught up with the speaking. I will try it again before I complain about it. :)

I don't know if they're all the same but I have what I think is the 'home' button on the right hand side of the tablet. When I press it nothing happens. When it goes to sleep I press it thinking it's going to 'refresh' it but nothing. I just press the power button and it opens. After that no issues that I can see at this time. I will report back after about 2 weeks of using it.

Oh I was able to inter my email accounts. I have non-webmail accounts so I have to add Pop and such to set it up and worked fine. So far for the price I can live with it as opposed to paying $300+ for a tablet. :)

Have a great day all!
Boardinggirl

It is your WIFI signal. You can't blame the tablet for that.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just bought a (cheap) Irulu Android 4.0 and tried to install two Battery Status widgets but even though the icon shows on the main page, the battery status does not show. Does anyone know what might be wrong and why the status (such as 75% remaining) does not show?
Believe one of them was URSafe.
Just download another battery app - try EASY BATTERY SAVER - also available on Play. Get rid of the other one you've got.

natasha6405

Feb 16, 2013
Hi! I just bought a 7 inch Irulu tablet and my power button broke and fell inside the tablet. I purchased a warranty in case of anything (because of how cheap the tablet was) and they refused to take it and fix it. They sent me a refund check of my full amount and told me to trash the tablet. I will never by a cheap tablet again.

My tablet still works but I need to get the power button fixed so I can save my battery and shut it down.

travel

Apr 16, 2013
Hi everyone- I hope I'm posting in the right place (I can't seem to find when to start a new thread). Anyway I just bought my 1st tablet- the irulu 7" with Android 4.0.4 and I am very happy to have it. However, it seems to have a mind of it's own! It clicks back or opens the bottom bar (on the right - with the battery and time and wifi icons). or when I am in the browser or other programs it jumps back to the previous screen, sometimes several times all by itself. The touch screen is clean, no cracks and it seems to work ok if I leave it on the desk. It has been happening since I first turned it on.. I bought it mostly so i could skype while I travel and so far that is working great.

TerriB

Sep 9, 2013
I am new to the world of tablets and have an iRulu 7" Android 4.2 Jellybean coming in the mail today. I read somewhere that I am supposed to drain what little charge is on it before charging it completely.......is this true. If so guess I just turn it on and let it sit but won't it go in to sleep mode or something? I sure hope I don't have to completely discharge it every time I want to charge it..

I am very good with pcs but totally STOOPID when it comes to tablets and wifi.. I don't even have a smart phone. Retired and cell phone for me is for calls only and I only use it when in the car.

Update: the battery was fully charged when the tablet arrived but drained quickly while I was learning to use it so do I have to wait for it to completely drain before charging. NO WAY the battery lasts 4 hours.

Thanks
TerriB

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Terri, congratulations on your new iRulu tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

Most tablets arrive with about a 40% charge and should be fully charged before you use the tablet for the first time. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-one-guide-how-start-your-android-tablet.html After that, most people recommend cycling the battery all the way down before recharging it.

Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

sammy007

May 6, 2011
Hi TerryB,
Many people have complained about low battery life with this tablet and mine did the same until I accessed the settings menu and stopped all the un-necessary baggage running in the background. Now the tablet has not run flat in over a month - with small bouts of activity on my part. It does not run flat overnight any more. Go to the settings menu and examine all the running programs. If you don't know what it is doing, stop it. There are plenty to choose from and if something stops working, re-start a few at a time of the ones you stopped. Shouldn't take you long to discover the one that needs to run and then stop the others. Most of the baggage isn't there for your benefit anyway so ditch the freeloaders.

Hope this info is of some help.
Sam.

TerriB

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks Sam,

Those pesky background running baggage carriers seem to come back even when I don't start them. Its very annoying. I am also running out of memory all the time even when not doing much. Lately I am getting UI failure messages too. I think I need to get rid of some apps. I have plenty of room left on the sd card but it won't let me move some hogs to it. PLUS my WIFI from Comcast is painfully slow here at home. I am used to extreme speed on my pc so I make the fatal error of continuing to push the elevator button even though I know its just slow coming to me and the Droid goes into cardiac arrest and just stops for many minutes. The answer would be a 'stronger' tablet but this little guy is good for the price so I will just remove some apps I don't use and be more PATIENT.

Terri
-------------

Hi TerryB,
Many people have complained about low battery life with this tablet and mine did the same until I accessed the settings menu and stopped all the un-necessary baggage running in the background. Now the tablet has not run flat in over a month - with small bouts of activity on my part. It does not run flat overnight any more. Go to the settings menu and examine all the running programs. If you don't know what it is doing, stop it. There are plenty to choose from and if something stops working, re-start a few at a time of the ones you stopped. Shouldn't take you long to discover the one that needs to run and then stop the others. Most of the baggage isn't there for your benefit anyway so ditch the freeloaders.

Hope this info is of some help.
Sam.