is an auto nooter available for B&N 1.2 yet?

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
i've been away from the forum for a while and my nc is currently rooted and running the b& n previous to 1.2 ... can't remember number , sorry. just haven't used nook for a while.

what i would like to do is take the nook back to factory stock status, load 1.2 then autorook with simplist method to get me froyo and still have B&N operating system also ( i use home switcher). have no interest in honeycomb or playing with custom roms.

thanks for any help

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i've been away from the forum for a while and my nc is currently rooted and running the b& n previous to 1.2 ... can't remember number , sorry. just haven't used nook for a while.

what i would like to do is take the nook back to factory stock status, load 1.2 then autorook with simplist method to get me gingerbread and still have B&N operating system also ( i use home switcher). have no interest in honeycomb or playing with custom roms.

thanks for any help

Hi tocoty, there is no autonooter for B&N 1.2 yet and it may be a while as there are issuses with Market and Gapps to clear so you may want to hold off on updating to B&N 1.2 unless you are willing to manual nooter.

Regarding getting to gingerbread with the B&N operating system it is not possible. B&N 1.0 to 1.1 is Android 2.1 (eclair) and B&N 1.2 is Android 2.2 (froyo). To get gingerbread you must use a custom ROM. CM7, UD and phiremod are all great custom ROMs being used and based on gingerbread. You can find threads on each in the Technical section.

JP

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
i may have miss spoke. i would like to have my color nook have the 1.2 , rooted to froyo or gingerbread

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
i may have miss spoke. i would like to have my color nook have the 1.2 , rooted to froyo or gingerbread

Nope, you said the right thing but have the wrong concept. Reading this might help http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/14586-android-roms-nook-color-info.html.

B&N software 1.0 to 1.1 is built on top of Android 2.1. B&N 1.2 is built on top of Android 2.2. Rooting only unlocks the Android software underneath. There is no way to make it a different version by rooting. The only way to get different versions of Android is to load a custom ROM built on that Android version.

JP

Last edited:

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
tks, so if i go back to stock and upgrade to 1.2, is it possible to root and thus get full froyo 2.2 features? this would be acceptable.
that being said . . .is such a root procedure avail ? i will now read the suggested topic again.

i'm slow tonite. u alredy told me the autonooter is not avail yet.
so i'm stayg put for now.
thanks so much!!!!

Last edited:

stevek28

May 11, 2011
tks, so if i go back to stock and upgrade to 1.2, is it possible to root and thus get full froyo 2.2 features? this would be acceptable.
that being said . . .is such a root procedure avail ? i will now read the suggested topic again.

i'm slow tonite. u alredy told me the autonooter is not avail yet.
so i'm stayg put for now.
thanks so much!!!!

If you go back to stock and upgrade to 1.2 you can use cm7 (7.02) to get gingerbread (android 2.3). Do a youtube search for a video (i used huskermania). It is really easy and a great OS

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you go back to stock and upgrade to 1.2 you can use cm7 (7.02) to get gingerbread (android 2.3). Do a youtube search for a video (i used huskermania). It is really easy and a great OS

You don't even have to go back to stock or update to 1.2 to go to CM7. You can go straight to CM7 because it will erase/replace everything stock or updated to 1.2 anyway.

JP